Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What should I do?

Old 11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default What should I do?

I went out this morning in Albany, Co., NY and at 7:00 (15 min after sun up), some guy literally drives into the field I was hunting in and proceeds to park his car DIRECTLY in front of my stand. Not 10 feet away. I proceeded to yell at the guy and he acted like no one was there. Once he started taking out his junk, he honks the horn. By this point I am just enraged because he doesn't realize I am even there, and that he just ruined my entire hunt. So once he is done getting his crap out of his car he starts walking to where he wanted to sit and I stood up and yelled as loud as I could, he jumps and was like "Oh $h!t I didn't even see ya there, you got a nice spot to hunt, do you want me to move my car up or can you shoot over it?" !!!!!!!!!!!! I then decided to just get up and leave, I left him a nice note on his car.

What would you guys have done if this happened to you?

Note-we both have permission to hunt on this land.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What should I do?

I would have wanted to slash his tires or burn his car down. BUT, what you should do is exchange phone numbers and talk to each other before you hunt that way you know where each other are.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt two different places that others also hunt. We either speak to each other the day before so we doen't overlap or we have a map at a check-in station and we mark it with were we are going.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:36 PM

CAll the cops and charge the guy for harrasment of a hunter, its actually illegal in New Yok to decrease ones chance of success.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

I would love to do that Bowtech 360, couple problems with that though. #1 This is one of only two places that I have to hunt this season, and calling the cops wouldn't make the landowner happy and I know that he would kick me off, I know he wont deal with fighting hunters. #2 This guy is a part of the fire police at the nearest volunteer fire station so he would know any cop that came out and I wouldn't have any success.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

I know a guy who hunts public land that makes a sign out of election signs that says hunter in area and posts them around where he is hunting. Might work in your situation.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

He drove right by my jeep to get into the field, which makes me grit my teeth even more.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fire-police hm-m-m, something tells me you move and he knows it. A land owner depends on people like that no matter what you say or do for them. Find a nother spot or move deeper into the woods on this gut, get ahead of him. He will spook deer your way.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

how bout if you have a gun and the idiot decides to do it again, maybe a couple test fires will get him moving a little. And if that doesnt work, i hear tires make good targets....[&:]