Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Woods versus Farm Country

Old 11-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Big Woods versus Farm Country

Big woods Hunting is definately more rewarding IMO. Especially when your tracking a deer in the snow or just plain still hunting.Chasing a Hog buck followinghistrack for miles and sometimes having to come back to the point you left off at the next morning cause you ran out of daylight beforegetting at shot onhim. Now thats hunting.I love the Bigwoods and have lots of respect forthe hunters that do it. Especially the bow hunters.A lot of work for success. I would love to shoot a farmland buck as well but it would have to be a still hunt. Dont see any challenge in dumping something from 500yds plus. Besides being a good shot,IMO it requires no skill. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Woods versus Farm Country

I've hunted both, but the past 25 years has been pretty much dedicated to the big woods hunting that the High Peaks Primitive areas- no motor vehicles.- of the Adirondacks offers. I hold out for a 120" class or nada, which results in more than a few years of skunksville. I have to agree with several posters that it is VERY rewarding one vs one, taking a trophy buck in primitive wilderness.