Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Scout Guard SG 550 Trail Camera?? >

Scout Guard SG 550 Trail Camera??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scout Guard SG 550 Trail Camera??

Old 11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scout Guard SG 550 Trail Camera??

i've been hearing good things about this camera does anyone here use one and how does it perform? also, does it have a screen where you can check your pics without having to upload them to a computer? last question, does it have a flash or can you get one with infrared? thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scout Guard SG 550 Trail Camera??

I just got one two weeks ago and I'm still learning to use it.

It does not have view screen. You can connect it to a TV or computer or you can put the SD card in a computer.

It does not have regular flash but does have IR flash. So far, I've been happy with it, though I've only got one shot of a deer so far! I think it's the locations I've put it though more than the camera. It's caught people on it every time.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scout Guard SG 550 Trail Camera??

No it doesn't have a monitor and yes it does use an infared flash.

Check out the trail camera forum on this site or check out www.chasingame.com - You should find answers to all your questions there.

I have a Scoutguard 550 and really like it. It works as a true trail camera and has a great trigger time. It's video mode is really neat.

I've owned a Bushnell, 3 Moultries and 2 Stealth Cams and the scoutguard it better than all of them by quite a bit in my opinion.