Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Illinois activity...nil. What gives? >

Illinois activity...nil. What gives?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Illinois activity...nil. What gives?

Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 AM

Default Illinois activity...nil. What gives?

Anybody else noticing not much activity yet in Illinois. My husband and I have been out and it is to quiet in those woods. Granted, corn is up in many of our places, but we have gone on walks to some of the public land(no hunting allowed) and we aren't even seeing any signs of rubs and/or scrapes. Any one else having this problem?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 AM

Default RE: Illinois activity...nil. What gives?

*well
not seeing much either just found scrapes and some rubs this weekend but not much moving dont really no why maybe its a shotgun rut this year
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Spike

I don't know what part of the state you are in but in S.E. IL we're seeing plenty of action. Quite a bit of chasing especially from the younger bucks. A buddy killed a 220 lb. 8 pt. 130 classwith a 22 " spread Sat. AM. Amazingly this warm weather has not slowed them down as I saw atleast 15-20 deer last night in 70 degree heat. A trucker told me at the gas station today that they are seeing lots of deer in the fields and unfortunately on the roads. He said they just started showing up about a week ago. It's Game on here. Good Luck!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Im in sw Illinois and the big bucks are starting to move on tuesday night my brother in law killed an 140" 8pt that dressed out at 220lbs. Then friday night on halloween i shot me an 8pt that would have been a 120'' deer if it werent for one side being a goofy non typical side that grew straight up he dressed out at 200 lbs. My 8 was checking his scrapes when i shot him and, i have seen plenty of little bucks on the move but i havent seen any does runing from them yet.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

We were starting to get some activity here...but the temps have gone back into the 70's for the last several days and it has came to a screeching halt. My cam went from 45-55 pics a day to 30-35.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy and I hunted all day Saturday, we where stumped as to why we didn't see hardly any activity. We each saw a small buck and a few does, all where within the first hour after sunup and before sundown. Now granted the corn is still in so we are not able to see any activity in the open fields. also the warm weather is not helping any. Our thinking is that after the temps start to fall later in the week, and if they cut the corn, things should just explode. One can only hope...