Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Watch this dog FIND a hunter - in Scent Lok >

Watch this dog FIND a hunter - in Scent Lok

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Watch this dog FIND a hunter - in Scent Lok

Old 10-29-2008, 02:11 PM

Default Watch this dog FIND a hunter - in Scent Lok

It takes this dog about 5 minutes to cover what appears to be at least a hundred yards - BUT, it finds this guy in a tree stand ... Watch as the dog locates the hunter's scent in the air - when the dog gets close to the treestand.

If the dog can smell him in Scent Lok, a deer can too ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXp3kv8fs_0
Old 10-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Watch this dog FIND a hunter - in Scent Lok

Yes, yes T.R., we know that scent-lok doesnt work. We new this a year ago. I dont understand why you must make to every hunting forum on the net to bash these people. This is not the first, or the last company to make claims that are not true. I have personally seen you post on several forums bashing Scent-lok, get over it! The lawsuit has been filed, I commend you on the research you did to discredit them. Now, maybe you have something interesting to post Roger, or T.R.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

do you believe the dog trailed the guys walking path to the stand? following a walking path is one thing, but following a wind trail is a completely different thing. i don't think they did their experiment right.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

It did follow his walking trail... Looks like the experiment worked just fine to me.. Really goes to show ya what we're up against with deer...
Old 10-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

That is absolutley pointless. I won't say it works, but that silly video proves absolutely nothing. I think Mr. Michels is seeing how many times he can get booted from the same site. How much before this is considered spam?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Well if Scent Loc doesn't work then I guess I don't put off any odor while in the woods. Monday I was in the tree about 12 feet off the ground(didn't see the limb before I started climbing[:@])a 10 - 15 mphwind at my back and 12 does walked downwind from mefrom and didn't even look my way, as if I wasn't even there. Boy I am glad this stuff doesn't work
Old 10-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I said this before and here it goes again. INeeded some new camo and picked up a scent loc coverall. I have had several deer approach my stand area from downwind, including the buck I stuck with an arrow last weekend at 10 yards. Now I try to practice good overall scent control as it is, so was it only the scent locsuit that helped my harvest this deer, probably not, Did it help some, could be, no one will ever know. Unless someone figures out a way to talk to the deer that they say winded them to ask them would they smelled we will never know. If I chose to spend my money on a scent loc product, thats mydecision. get over it. When it comes to hunting, I never buy on impulse, I try to get as much info and then make my decision.

And I wonder how long it would take my dog to find this guy. After allhe sounds like the scent free guru of the world...
Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind folks posting that the stuff doesn't work. As a few previous posts show, there are still actually people who believe that the stuff works. The video isn't very conclusive to me either, but the science behind the product is a complete farse. I use activated carbon in another hobby of mine and scientifically you need to have a 1,500 degree furnance to reactivate it and it only works for a few weeks before it loses it's ability to absorb. The science is pretty conclusive that a garment that has hung on a shelf in a store for weeks or months has lost nearly all of it's ability to absorb odors and there is no way that throwing it in the dryer is going to reactivate that carbon. There may be another feature of the scent loc that has some merit,but the activated carbonfeaturecan't work the way they advertise from a scientific perspective.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

The video 'test' is pointless. The guy was wearing scentlok withouthispants tucked into his boots. His scent particles were falling out his pantlegs leaving a perfectly fresh trail regardless what clothing he had on.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Nathan,
I am not saying that it will100%make you scent free. Since I started using it I personally have seen moredeer up close than in years past.Now is it totally because of the scent loc suit, well probably not. I did not think the couple extra bucks itcost was a big deal and if it helps even a little, well great. The thing that bugs me is every other post this guy has is bashing the product. Hell say whats on your mind and move on.

Quick Reply: Watch this dog FIND a hunter - in Scent Lok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.