Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Summit tree stands...

Old 10-15-2008, 10:32 AM

Default Summit tree stands...

Looking to buy my first climbing stand.

Why can't anything ever be simple? Seems every store has a different name for the same or similar models. Cabelas, Dicks's Bass Pro have different names & prices for what seem to be the same stands...hard to figure. Anyway...I hear a lot of good reviews for the summit tree stands...mainly the viper ss. I'm interested in Cabelas Viper ultra....curious if anyone has any feedback on this model. I was going to buy the Viper classic extreme from Dicks Sporting Goods...seemed like a good deal for $179.99. However after doing more research it's the old steel framed model with a few added bells & wistles...weights 26+ pounds. Once again they all have Viper in the name....one mightbe a Viper extreme, Viper SS Ultimate, Viper classic, Outfitter series Viper Ultra....Etc....Confusing!

Here's the one I'm interested in. Can't figure out why it's $229.99 as compared to the Viper SS at $259.99.

Realtree Outfitter Series Viper Ultra Treestand Item:QX-418570
Great Value!Viper Ultra........................$249.99Full-Body Harness.............$69.00Monster Bucks DVD...........$9.99E-Z Hanger.......................$12.99Team Realtree Decal.........$2.00Total...............................$343.97Retail. .............................$229.99You Save Over 30%

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Summit tree stands...

I have a Summit Viper SS and I love it. I just looked at all three of those websites. They each have the Viper SS for about $260. I didn't see the other models you mentioned. To me, if it's not a Summit it's not a Viper. The Summit Viper SS comes with a harness so don't pay extra for one. You don't need a DVD, EZ Hanger or a decal either. Spend an extra $30 and get the climber you really want to be holding your butt up in a tree.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go for the Summit. I have at least five hunting buddies that have the viper and love it. I have the goliath.It is great, but heavier than the viper. Go with the viper. You will never regret it. Also, you will be so comfortable you will stay on stand longer and feel safer than with ordinary hanging stands. I suggest practicing in the back yard before venturing into the woods. The first few times are tough.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

I have the X4 by summit and like the stand quite a bit. Just keep in mind none are that easy to lug around. They are all ackward to carry from tree to tree.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have 3 vipers.......
Old 10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

another vote for the viper i love mine
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Spike

I have the Viper SS. It's great. I agree. You can sit in the stand longer than with normal stands.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 PM

i have the viper ss and i LOVE IT! you probably arent gonna find a lightweight climber for less than 200 bucks. But look at it this way is a treestand something you really want to skimp on? I personally feel that you get what you pay for and you get piece of mind knowing your gonna be safe doing it. The viper ss weighs about 18lbs it isnt too bad packing in and out of the woods
Old 10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

i have a viper, had it for about 5 years now i never go to the deer woods without it. Go with the cabelas realtree model for 229, i got a body who just got one and he really likes it. if u read the reviews on cabelas.com the only complaint about them is the paint flaking off, but come on a can of spray paint can fix that.......
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have one from Cabelas that should be delivered tomorrow.....I cant wait. It is the same as the $260 version except it has the realtree camo. It also comes with the footrest that will cost you an extra 30 bucks. Ill let you knwo if I find anything different when I get mine tomorrow

Quick Reply: Summit tree stands...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.