HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Summit tree stands...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:32 AM
SLOOC1

Default Summit tree stands...

Looking to buy my first climbing stand.

Why can't anything ever be simple? Seems every store has a different name for the same or similar models. Cabelas, Dicks's Bass Pro have different names & prices for what seem to be the same stands...hard to figure. Anyway...I hear a lot of good reviews for the summit tree stands...mainly the viper ss. I'm interested in Cabelas Viper ultra....curious if anyone has any feedback on this model. I was going to buy the Viper classic extreme from Dicks Sporting Goods...seemed like a good deal for $179.99. However after doing more research it's the old steel framed model with a few added bells & wistles...weights 26+ pounds. Once again they all have Viper in the name....one mightbe a Viper extreme, Viper SS Ultimate, Viper classic, Outfitter series Viper Ultra....Etc....Confusing!

Here's the one I'm interested in. Can't figure out why it's $229.99 as compared to the Viper SS at $259.99.

Realtree Outfitter Series Viper Ultra Treestand Item:QX-418570
Great Value!Viper Ultra........................$249.99Full-Body Harness.............$69.00Monster Bucks DVD...........$9.99E-Z Hanger.......................$12.99Team Realtree Decal.........$2.00Total...............................$343.97Retail. .............................$229.99You Save Over 30%

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks