Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Summit tree stands...

Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Summit tree stands...

Summit Viper SS right here baby I love mine .
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM

Another vote for Summit. I can't imagine owning anything else.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theres only one piece of my gear that I absolutely will not hunt without.. Thats my Goliath! Love my Summit! Best naps I ever took in a stand Ive been using them since 96 or 97 and sold my last Viper before the Goliath for more than I paid for it. Resale is awesome on them as well. The customer service and management there are top notch...good folks!

Try Natchezss.com. They usually have very good prices on them.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

I tried my stand out this weekend and it is a dream. The one thing that I dont understand about the realtree viper is the the seat back does not fold, On all othe rvipers the back of the seat has a sewn in seam that allows you to fold the seat back in half and use the bungie on the seat to fold it to te seat bottom. this allows it to be out of the way when you climb. What I did was cut the stitching and pull out the foam for the back rest. I cut out 2 inches in the middle then placed the lower half back into the seat back. I then hand stitched across the fabric...once that was done I placed the top section back in and stitched the top back together and restitched in the bungie. If you look at the replacment seats at basspro.com or cabelas.com you will see what I am talking about. I hope all of that makes since......?? If not I may post up a pic of what I am talking about.

Oh yeah and let me say that the foot rest is a dream!!!! The bow hanger ....well i wont be taking it back into the woods with me. Its way too small to be effective, but then I didnt cost me anything. Definately buy the stand while it is at this great price
Old 10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had my summit backpacker now for three yrs. I love it because it folds flat. I bought it for that reason. I don't know how I ever got through the woods before. The one thing I am looking into is getting one of the new seats to put on it. The one I have is comfortable and I have spent many hours in it, but i think the new ones would be even better, it looks like the backrest is a lot higher.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Dont forget about the API climbers, I have a grand slam alumitech that I have hunted with for3 years and couldn't be happier. Its lightweight, comfortable, and easy to climb with.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I love my Summit Goliath. Its the same as the viper just bigger.