Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Tree Stands >

Summit Tree Stands

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Tree Stands

Old 05-04-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Summit Tree Stands

Anyone ever used the Summit X-Pod for bowhunting? I received a catalog in the mail from Summit a few weeks back that showed they are coming out with a Double X-Pod this year. I'm really looking into buying this stand due to the fact that I'm really looking for something that is easily movable. We currently have 3 ladder stands that we use, but they are definitely not easy to move. I'm also looking for a double because the wife likes to tag along and watch as well, which makes a climber not too useful. Does anybody have any experience with the regular Summit X-Pod? Does anyone have any recommendations of any other double stands that are easily moveable?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Summit Tree Stands

No thoughts on the XPod. Looks like a great product. But I have a few "buddy" stands. You can get some cheaper, lighter weight ones that the two of you could carry to the spot pretty easy. I have a hunters view buddy stand that I can carry and tip up on my own with some patience. Problem for me is I don't like the long narrow platforms on these. Which is why I have a larger buddy stand to with a huge platform. But it weighs 130 plus pounds so I don't move it too often.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:06 PM

I do not own and have not used an X-pod, but watched the set-up video of one, as theDVD that came with my summit climber is a universal one that covers all of their stands and set-up. I would question the stability of the x-pod? I know summit makes a quality product, but I would suggest getting a hands on look at one set-up if possible or at least some feedback from someone that has used one before buying one.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:34 PM

I don't use ladder stands, but I do own 3 Summit climbers, and they are far superior thanany others I've tried, and I have tried most at some point. On this basis, I would say that you can't go wrong with Summit.