Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

noise reduction help

Old 10-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default noise reduction help

Hey guys..I'm hoping someone can help me with this.. A guy from worked gave me a climber stand..only thing missing was one of the pins (he had lost it) no prob..easy fix.. but the seat is NOISY every little movment..or if i stand up.. i hear very loud squeak.. kinda like styrofoam.. any idea how i can quiet it down.. It seems to be where the seat strap makes contact to the foam material.. is seat replacement the only solution?
Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: noise reduction help

Would need more information to really help. Tighten bolts that don't move, use a little grease on a spot that might be the squeak, take some foam insulation and fill the hollow bars, use tape, and anything else you can use to quite down the stand.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the reply and tips. The seat is what squeaks..(for lack of a better description) the metal is pretty quiet even when climbing. the seat cushion is held on by 3 straps... the noise is from where the strap meets the cushion.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Try pouring a little (maybe a tablespoon) of melted paraffin wax on the spot where you think the squeaking is coming from. I had a similar problem with a webbed seat and when the paraffin dried, it was silent.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Moleskin??? Moving component, vegetable oil???
Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

I filled my square tubing on my lock ons, climber, and climbing sticks with "Great Stuff" expandable foam. Weighs next to nothing and the sound deadening is phenomonal. Holds paint well too.

The seat strap thing may need some modifying...removal or additional stitching. try contacting the manufacturer about the issueand lobby for a replacement seat for it.