Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should Doctor Death Post His Hunting Diary Again This Year? >

Should Doctor Death Post His Hunting Diary Again This Year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should Doctor Death Post His Hunting Diary Again This Year?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Banned

Default RE: Should Doctor Death Post His Hunting Diary Again This Year?

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

My question is, even if it's legal to kill 10 to 15 deer, why would youwant to kill that many? I've known people who killed over 20 deer in a season. That is just rediculous in my mind. I think people who kill that many deer in a season hunt mainly for the kill, and not the enjoyment of the hunt.

That's my question. Do you just take the tenderloin and leave the rest? Or even bother at all? Can't imagine the need for 10-12 deer...
Old 10-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

My question is, even if it's legal to kill 10 to 15 deer, why would youwant to kill that many? I've known people who killed over 20 deer in a season. That is just rediculous in my mind. I think people who kill that many deer in a season hunt mainly for the kill, and not the enjoyment of the hunt.

That's my question. Do you just take the tenderloin and leave the rest? Or even bother at all? Can't imagine the need for 10-12 deer...
First offNONE ofthe deer I harvest are ever wasted and I resent the implication...if I take one it goes to someone who will use the meat ... second a farmer who has crops needs there to be a number of deer taken off his property because they destroy his corn or beans ...the farmer who owns the land I have leased in Livingston Ky has asked me to take a minimum of 20 doe's this year off his property and has 20 doe tags ... he asked me to do the same last year but I did not shoot the first doe because I had no where to go with them,being new to this area I did not know anyone who might want the meat. In Alabama I had a number of familes who really appreciated the meat ...two or three years ago I took 13 deer and posted most of them on hereand could have taken more but I ran out of familys who needed the meat so I stoped shooting ...pure and simple.

dd
Old 10-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Banned

Look, there are a lot of young hunters on this site. Some get so wrapped up in the kill that they forget about the social responsibility and ethics of hunting. Bragging about killing a slew of deer can be fodder for bad habits. Some of these guys/girls feel they must shoot monster bucks like they see on T.V. and read about in Field & Stream and so on. With that comes the temptation of trespassing, spot-lighting, baiting, and out-of-the question shots thatwound instead of producing a clean kill. Sure, everyone wants a wall-hanger. But at what expense? Doctor Death sounds like the name of a professional wrestler, not someone who wants to promote positive influence on our youth. I dont know youor your habits, and dont care to. But the past 11 pages ofjargon are not impressive. In allhonesty, I'd rather read a post about a 13 year olds first kill on a doe. I'd rather hear about what he/she learned about being in the woods, how dragging it out of the woods made them so tired, how bad their back felt after processing the meat, how they had that knot in their stomach when they pulled the trigger, and maybe hesitated becauseright before the gun goes off, they realize theywere taking the life of another creature. They need to understand that the feeling is ok, because it means they are acting humanely. Death is a part of life, not a bragging right. Maybe its the thought of what I want to teach my kids, andhow I wantto influence those kids who's parents don't take them into the woods. Maybe its theIndian blood that runs through my veins. Frankly,I don't care about the diary,Ihave my own. But just remember your audience......
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

i put 4 in the freezer last year and have been out of venison for a couple months now. my family doesn't buy hamburger, we eat venison burger. anything we fix that calls for burger, we substitute with venison...so we go through alot of venison. i also have tons of friends who love venison and don't hunt, didn't get a deer or could not get time to hunt so i give away alot. i also host2 or3 large party's a year where we will cook 2 deer at a time to feed the guest, so yes i use alot of venison.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look, there are a lot of young hunters on this site. Some get so wrapped up in the kill that they forget about the social responsibility and ethics of hunting. Bragging about killing a slew of deer can be fodder for bad habits. Some of these guys/girls feel they must shoot monster bucks like they see on T.V. and read about in Field & Stream and so on. With that comes the temptation of trespassing, spot-lighting, baiting, and out-of-the question shots thatwound instead of producing a clean kill. Sure, everyone wants a wall-hanger. But at what expense? Doctor Death sounds like the name of a professional wrestler, not someone who wants to promote positive influence on our youth. I dont know youor your habits, and dont care to. But the past 11 pages ofjargon are not impressive. In allhonesty, I'd rather read a post about a 13 year olds first kill on a doe. I'd rather hear about what he/she learned about being in the woods, how dragging it out of the woods made them so tired, how bad their back felt after processing the meat, how they had that knot in their stomach when they pulled the trigger, and maybe hesitated becauseright before the gun goes off, they realize theywere taking the life of another creature. They need to understand that the feeling is ok, because it means they are acting humanely. Death is a part of life, not a bragging right. Maybe its the thought of what I want to teach my kids, andhow I wantto influence those kids who's parents don't take them into the woods. Maybe its theIndian blood that runs through my veins. Frankly,I don't care about the diary,Ihave my own. But just remember your audience......
WOW ....you sure give me a lot of credit in the influence of all the hunting youth on HNI .... as for the "11 pages of jargon"( 11 pages wow thats a lot of pages for a silly post like this)you contributed to a lot of it yourself ... but the GREAT thing about HNI is that YOU have a choice WHAT you read so when I post my hunting diary just simply DO NOT READ IT ...now to my user name Doctor Death which I have explained earlier.. but whats up with YOUR user name Vabyrd is that pig latin for "KNOW IT ALL" ?I do not know you either but I imagine your a pretty good ole boy but I think YOU take this forum just a tad bit to seriously and you give me WAY to much credit for influencing other members....my post for the most part are for funand to stirrup discussionsthat fuel debates (how else would a simplethread like this go 11 pages?)which allow ALL of us to be able to learn from one another.... its called "FREE SPEECH"

ROLL TIDE
dd
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

We have one tract of land that is about 6,800 contiguous acres. There is one caretaker that works every day on the land. Last year we got a bunch of doe tags and let him fill all of them. He shot 30 legal does and one 10 point buck. All of the meat was either utilized by owners, him, or were given away. I had a friend a few years ago that shot 46 legaldeer one year, mainly does, all utilized.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i put 4 in the freezer last year and have been out of venison for a couple months now. my family doesn't buy hamburger, we eat venison burger. anything we fix that calls for burger, we substitute with venison...so we go through alot of venison. i also have tons of friends who love venison and don't hunt, didn't get a deer or could not get time to hunt so i give away alot. i also host2 or3 large party's a year where we will cook 2 deer at a time to feed the guest, so yes i use alot of venison.
I never said there wasanything wrong withkilling multiple deer. Four is not very many. I also understand giving deer to others is perfectlly fine. I do the same. I usually kill 4 to 6 deer a year, and I give some away to friends. Itry to donate one deer to feed the hungry each year also. I'm just saying killing 10, 12, 15, deer a year is unecessary. If you are going to do it,at least put them to good use. Again, someone who kills that many, in my opinion, is hunting mainly for the kill. As long as it's legal though, I guess Ican't gripe too much.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Spike

I have been lurking for a couple years on here and have been contemplating joining. This thread did it for me. I felt I had to say something. I am a member of many forums and I am extremely sick of the internet tough guys. You may or may not agree with him but it is who he is. DD please post the journal as I have enjoyed reading it. Don't let the naysayer's effect your decision.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: B@CorBust!

I have been lurking for a couple years on here and have been contemplating joining. This thread did it for me. I felt I had to say something. I am a member of many forums and I am extremely sick of the internet tough guys. You may or may not agree with him but it is who he is. DD please post the journal as I have enjoyed reading it. Don't let the naysayer's effect your decision.
B@ first let me welcome you to the jungle of HNI ...do not let one of my post influence you into judgingthis forum because for the most part there are a lot of great guys and gals who enjoy sharing thier experiences and knowledge with others ...as in most large communitys there are always those who like to point fingerz and call names BUT I've learned to just consider the source and go on ...thank you for your encourgement in posting the hunting diary

dd
Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Spike

DD, I take all of your posts in good fun. I wish others were as cool headed about it. I enjoy what you type!

Quick Reply: Should Doctor Death Post His Hunting Diary Again This Year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.