Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Therma cell

Old 08-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Therma cell

i am going to get a therma cell to use during the early season for the bugs and I was jsut wondering I thought I read some where that if you put a scent wick on top of the therma cell that it would heat the scent to help give off more aroma.

Anyone tried it?

Thanks again guys
Old 08-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Default RE: Therma cell

Have not tried what you are thinking about but I have used Thermocell and just love mine. Make sure that you have enough refills for the season because around here they can get a little hard to find if the bugs are bad.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i believe Huntnma said she would use the old pads (used up ones) by placing doe in estrus scent on them and leaving them in the Thermacell. i never tried it but sounds like a great idea.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:29 AM

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i believe Huntnma said she would use the old pads (used up ones) by placing doe in estrus scent on them and leaving them in the Thermacell. i never tried it but sounds like a great idea.
yep ; that works to get the sent out fast and furious as they say.

just lay them on top of the grate,not under it like the pads you get for bugs.it will get on the alunium plate and mess it up.on top it just gets the heat.

take the pads,lay on the grate and drop a few drops of sent on it and set back.you can use the pads over and over.have several different one's if you use different sents.

it would be a good idea to keep that one in a good tight ziplock bag.that way you want get that in your jacket(your wife would not be happy when she pulls that jacket out to wash it[:'(][][:@][:@][:@].)
Old 08-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys that wasw the adivice I was looking for
Old 08-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

we've used that before..they make atherma scentnow .. they cost less.. because they dont repel misquitos..

but if you have a therma cell just put scent on the pad on top.. ..use the repellant in the late summer.. works GREAT

and to get the scent out in the rut.. when the bugs arent as bad just use the old pads
Old 08-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/thermacell-scent-dispenser-p-4445.html