Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

therma cell

Old 07-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default therma cell

who uses them and why? who won't and why?

I used one last year and could smell them but saw plenty of good young bucks. But the land I hunt we have just started to manage it the guys in the club beleived in the it's brown it's down rule however we talked them into waiting till they get bigger. We put out 60,000 lb's of feed last year and made food plots. This year alone we've put out 40,000 lb's on protein. What a differance one year makes in the mass on the hoof.

boldplate
Old 07-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: therma cell

I don't go to the woods without it, it definatly works even here in Florida. ThermaCell has come out with a new one that you put your hunting scents on. Same unit just the pads are different, btw you can use your old pads and put your favorite scent on them.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:45 PM

I bought two, one for the wife and one for me, we LOVE it. I think it works great.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:46 AM

I used one last year and saw plenty of good bucks with it on. Just took it to Northern Saskatchewan a couple of weeks ago were the bugs are so thick you can hardly see in front of your face. When I had it on in the tree I did not even have to ware a head net. These things are awsome!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

works great , now they've got the therma smell , for sent , you put your atractant sent on it and fire it up , no joke .
Old 07-07-2004, 09:37 AM

The thermacell is the best mosquito repellant I have ever used. I use it because I can't stand bugs in my face. If they are in my face I swat them and this is not good for hunting. With my thermacell on I just sit back and relax and wait for old mossy horns
Old 07-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Who makes this stuff and where can you get it?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 AM

Spike type in Therma cell on any search engine and you can get information on them. I got a deal on a dozen so if you cant find em email me and we will get ya one.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

I found it in cabelas thanks.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:10 PM

I have looked at both of them on cabelas.com. does the new one that you put scents on still keep bugs away or is it just to help disperse your favorite cover scent?

Quick Reply: therma cell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.