Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DREAM SEASON BOOTS

Old 08-05-2008, 07:38 AM

Default DREAM SEASON BOOTS

I 've had these boots for 1 1/2 years now. So, I thought I'd give my feedback review since these boots are so heavily advertised this time of year.

The most comfortable and easy to take on and off knee high boot I've ever had. Feels like a tennis shoe with excellent ankle support. The new models have a side zip and a built in gator. Mine doesn't have a built in gator, but a button in gator. This is a major improvement. Definently water proof and so far appear scent proof. Insulation is slim, but with moisture absorbing thick socks they are extremely warm. They fit rather loose from the top of the ankle to the knee which allows plenty of unconstricted movement.

Not for the all day walker and the mountain hunter. Not very comfortable on long walks or steep hill climbs. Too much toe movement, nice for stand hunters, blind hunters with less than 1 mile destination trips.

Hope this was helpful.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM

Default RE: DREAM SEASON BOOTS

Probably should have posted this in the gear reviews thread [>:]
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 AM

still good info regardless
Old 08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best thing I ever did was stop wearing rubber boots. If the deer smell you anyway - why not be comfortable! That's my theory anyway!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:11 PM

I would beg to differ on that note. Not to say the deer aren't going to smell you one way or the other at some point. To me, it's all about MINIMIZING the opportunity for the deer to smell me. If that means the differnce in the deer smelling me from 100 yards off to 25 yards off -- hopefully he stands still long enough for me to draw on him!

I personally do feel rubber boots (if properly cared for and sprayed with a neutralizer EVERY time you enter the woods) willalmost eliminate a deer from picking up your trail. They also are waterproof, warm, briar proof, and snake proof (almost).

By the way, Dream Season's are one of the most comfortable boots of all boots on the market IMHO.