Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Dream Season Boots

Old 08-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default Dream Season Boots

Looking for any feedback on the new dream season boots. I was thinking about buying a pair and was wondering if anyone has used them yet? Are they waterproof?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dream Season Boots

I have last years version and they are a MASSIVE PAIN to get on but once they were on they were really comfy and waterproof. Now with the new ones having zippers down the side for easy on easy off I maybe forced to get a new pair.

Jake
Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Spike

Thanks Jake, i am still up in the air if i am going to switch from my rubber boots or not, but any info helps.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got mine....The new "Pro's" with the zip up side.......So far they are EXCELLENT! Lightweight and very very comfortable...I will never go back to rubber......

I do have to say that if you are going to purchace these buy them about 1/2 size larger than what you wear; they run a little small...

Ken
Old 08-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Spike

Thanks deer predator, how are they compared to rubber boots when it comes to being waterproof. That is one of my concerns of switching over
Old 08-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JonnyNov

Thanks deer predator, how are they compared to rubber boots when it comes to being waterproof. That is one of my concerns of switching over
Well, I know they come up a little taller than my 1000 gram Lacrosses.....they are also about 1 lb lighter! I haven't went creek hoppin with them yet but Robinson Outdoors claims they are 100% waterproof.

The insulation faction (according to Robinson Outdoors) is equivilent to 1000gram thinsulate.....

Plus I look good sporting them in the yard with shorts! lol.....gotta break them in somehow!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the post jonny i've been looking into buying a pair as well i do know however that a lot of research shows that if your getting caught by a deer or any other animal a lot of the reason might be because of your rubber boots, research shows that they act as sort of a scent puffer sending the scent of your feet out through the tops of your boots so i'd consider getting some kind of scent lock boots shoes or socks to wear
Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Spike

I purchased a pair last season. After deer seasonI decided to turkey hunt in them due to how light they were. 6 months down the road mine were leaking like whodathunkit. Sent them back to Robinson Outdoors and the customer service hasn't been so well......Very comfortable boot though.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

I like mine. They are the most comfortable boot my feet have lived in for a day. In cold weather I wear thethin ski socks (there expensive at $12-13/ea) and a pair of wool socks with toe warmers and mytoes never got cold.Thereare pricey.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: deer_predator
Well, I know they come up a little taller than my 1000 gram Lacrosses.....they are also about 1 lb lighter! I haven't went creek hoppin with them yet but Robinson Outdoors claims they are 100% waterproof.
Have you water tested them yet? I am getting ready to buy a pair of the pros, and if they are not absolutely water proof they are worthless to me.

Quick Reply: Dream Season Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.