Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting iowa

Old 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Default Hunting iowa

I got an bow tag for Iowa for Zone 5. I will be hunting with imbmonsterbucks outfitters. Has anyone hunted with them? This will be my first hunt outside of Michigan. Just looking for info if anyone has hunted with them. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM

Default RE: Hunting iowa

I was supposed to go with them this year but didn't get drawn so I'm on the books again for next year. Heard good things about them so please let me know how it goes.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted the 2003 late MZ season with IMB in Pike Co. ILandkilled a 141" 20" inch wide 8 pt. I liked Darren, Dave (deerdust on HNI)and the guys so much that I rebooked and hunted the2004 1st gun season in Iowa zone 5. I was lucky enoughto get a 168" 10 pt with my muzzleloader in Iowa. I actually missed the same deerearly on the third day of the hunt and the Lord smiled on me and gave me another chance around 2pm that afternoon. I made the secondchance count.

There is a lot of negative talk on here about guys going with outfitters but I live in NC and the chance at a 150 inch deer just isn't great in my state. Now having said that I did shoot a 153" buck with my rifle in 2005 in Moore Co. NC and I have taken 3 other deer in the last 5 years over 120" but the odds are far better in the midwest than my state.

I would gowith IMB every year if I were singlebut I have been blessed with a great wife & 2 kids (8 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son) and feel my money needs to be spent on my family more than my hobby (ok obsession).

I'm actually on the IMB website under the reference tab with my 10 pt and my old phone number is listed in the Iowa references. My family and I have recently moved to a larger house so my kids can have a bonus room and I can have a garage and our phone number has changed. You can send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number if you would like to talk about IMB. They definitely have a good thing going.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

tonyfan, where are you hunting at in iowa? Im not sure where the zones are because I live in iowa and only hunt at my grandpas in iowa county.

We have a ton of huge deer. Heck you should just come hunt with us for free.