Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 South Central PA Deer Population >

South Central PA Deer Population

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

South Central PA Deer Population

Old 07-25-2008, 06:31 AM

Default South Central PA Deer Population

Anyone else out there having a problem hunting whitetail in S. Central PA? In a spot where I've been most of my life, I used to see herds of deer consistantly! NOW....I'm lucky to see 3 deer in a two week period. I'm pretty sure it's not my hunting techniques completely because I'm very attentive to scent, wind, camo and doing some pretty good scouting a few weeks preseason. Now one thing I have noticed is an increase in the number of homes about two mountains over, which in turn may have taken the deer away from my area because of their year round feeding. Anyone having any similar problems with housing develpments around the mountains. I'm from around Fayetteville, PA. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: South Central PA Deer Population

They're gonna love you down in the Northeastern states discussion forum