Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 south central kansas hunters >

south central kansas hunters

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

south central kansas hunters

Old 10-21-2003, 03:29 PM

Default south central kansas hunters

I havent been out yet, just checking what the bucks where doing as far as early rut, etc. in south central kansas. thanks for all...........Mitch
Old 10-21-2003, 08:18 PM

Default RE: south central kansas hunters

Hey Mitch....I hunt the East Central part of the state. Been out 8 times and seen deer 6 out of the 8. Scored on a doe the 2nd day of the opener, passed on a small 8 point and a spike last week. Have not seen any of the big boys roaming around. Still unseasonally warm around here. The weekend is calling for much cooler temps, they may begin to move more. Are you around the Wichita area?
Old 10-22-2003, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

mitch...I do most of my hunting back east but me and some buddies make a trip for a week every November to south central Kansas where we have land to hunt, about 45 minutes SW of Wichita. Haven' t heard any reports of any hawgs getting shot yet. The majority of the surrounding ground is leased up and hunted hard and the numbers of big bucks has suffered greatly. Good luck to you this year.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:39 AM

I live in N.C. kansas but hunt and have friends around Hutchinson and we are just starting to see some early!!!!!!! rut behavior. dad saw a big buck, the one he chased all of muzzleloader season, last night he was following a doe and never looked back at the pickup. Seems to early but with deer they decide when it is time. Cold Weekend, they should be moving one way or the other and you have to think the bucks are starting to think about getting lucky.