Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Looking for a deer decoy

Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looking for a deer decoy

I usedthe Boss Buck from Flambeau last year. It works when the time is right. I found it worked very well right before the rut kicked into high gear. Take some kind of a buck scent and rub the buck down with it. THen take some doe in heat and spray it around the decoy.
The only con, it was very difficult to carry a climber, decoy and backpack into the woods.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Carry-lite myself... Only taken it in the woods twice, but the first time I set it up had a real nice buck come into it... It is a pain to drag in the woods, but worth it when the time is right....
Old 07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Spike

Sounds like a pain in the A$$....I hunt on private property so maybe I can store it up there somewhere.....

I'd love to use one though....
Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey get a game cart haul it all in on it.
ORIGINAL: tlutterba

I usedthe Boss Buck from Flambeau last year. It works when the time is right. I found it worked very well right before the rut kicked into high gear. Take some kind of a buck scent and rub the buck down with it. THen take some doe in heat and spray it around the decoy.
The only con, it was very difficult to carry a climber, decoy and backpack into the woods.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:04 AM

I went to a trip to Kansas bowhunting and used my 3 d target it worked pretty good !
Old 07-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

i thought about a 3d target to they have one at wal mart for 99 bucks
ORIGINAL: OKIEBOWHNTR

I went to a trip to Kansas bowhunting and used my 3 d target it worked pretty good !
Old 07-28-2008, 07:41 AM

Renzo works for me. The key is to have a few, set up like a square formation. This way when a deer approaches and starts to circle, they'll (the decoys) will seem to be moving since the deer will lose sight of one (since of its a sillouette) and pick up the other decoy. The Renzo decoys are light and very easy to transport. Cost can be a factor, but you need to catch the sales on them (Jan/Feb). This past Feb. picked up a sale at the Sportsmans Guide, 3 pack (1 feeding doe, 1 standing doe and 1 buck) for 9.95 with a free shipping coupon (I'm a member). Even if you don't harvest a deer with a decoy, the response from other deer can be hilarious! Good Luck!