Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Hunting areas

Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Hunting areas

Are any of you hunting new areas this year. I probalby won't but somthing about exploring an unknown area for hunting is really intriguing.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Hunting areas

I have 2 new pieces of private land to check out. I think they are going to be great. Thay are both archery only areas and have produced some nice bucks.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't find anything new that is private that I can afford. I'll be looking to hunt Public land in WI which will be new to me. License may bea little costly, but I have a free place to stay in Merrimac/Baraboo WI. I'll probably be asking for some tips here soon about Public land up there. Im staying in a cabin that is on Devil's head Ski resort and backs up to Devils Lake SP.3000 acres of PublicDeer land, but CDW has taken it toll up there, or should I say the WDNR has taken there toll up there on the deer[:@]
Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm in the process of buying ten acres of bottom ground that is supposed to be great for deer and turkey. I'm not deer hunting this year, but my dad will likely give it a try for bow hunting.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

I am always looking for that new honey hole. I spend my summer months about equally divided between scouting known areas and looking for the new. I will be starting this weekend since I have seen decent velvet growth on bucks and bulls to start being able to tell whats out there. You have to be out at daybreak, and right at dark since most game is hiding from the heat during the middle of the day.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, since most of my hunting is done on public lands I am constantly on the search for new areas to look over. I will definitely be checking out two areas this year with a couple of other possibles.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me and a hunting Friend are getting to Bow Hunt a new area off from our regular hunting lease property so it will be fun to be able to hunt a different area with our bows!I'll let you know how things work out and hopefully we can start scouting some time in august and set up our stands before sept 15.?