Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FLORIDA MAKES A STATEMENT

Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default FLORIDA MAKES A STATEMENT

Florida is making a strong statement to the USthat it is serious in being a leader in creating a leading 21st century game management plan (whitetails, specifically) and my experience has been when a state makes a statement like this, they DEMAND RESPECT.

I helpedto build the current curriculum at Florida State University entitled "Whitetail Studies" andthat demonstratesthe committment. You see, when state universities enter the game, economies are changed. So if the university system embraces what we are doing in terms of whitetail herd management and growth, imagine what that says to the rest of the US, the northeast in particular.

Top of the line management programs arecreated through innovation, early stage fundamental planning,and strong government support, all of which is taking place in Florida. It is not by accident that pro-hunting Legislators have been elected for several cycles now. Our deer hunting community has united and will not quit.

The northeast, meanwhile, is in shambles. Whitetailed deer leaving in the darkness of night in hopes of a better life in North Florida. Deer looking for nutrition and instead beiing forced to sift through mounds of cigarette butts and aluminum foil, hoping to get a nibble at something.

Guys, let's be honest. The entire Southeast, but Florida in particular, is poised to change deer hunting as we know it. The results will be staggering and Yankees will not be pleased. REALITY.

i hope all of you have a super week - it is hot down here in the deep South!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: FLORIDA MAKES A STATEMENT

Sounds as effective as "Pickett's Charge.". with the same results.[:-]
Old 06-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]

as always right on the money, reminds me of a john rocker saying:

What I will attempt to do now is cut through the mind-numbing, irrelevant fluff the media loves to fill their airtime and articles with and give you the simple facts that I know and believe to be true, as I have lived them and can explain them much better than some pen jockey who has never spoken to me personally and lives 3000 miles away. Here are the facts using the simplest terms with the most convenient definitions:

Deer looking for nutrition and instead beiing forced to sift through mounds of cigarette butts and aluminum foil, hoping to get a nibble at something.
priceless, your not gonna find that kind of info in "field and stream" keep up the good work TDWW
[/blockquote]
Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Site Buck Guru

The fact that you have never used your keen insights about whitetail management for personal gain attest to the fact that you, TDWW, demand respect!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like the idea at all. Florida will never have the right genetics and/or nutrition (especially in south florida) to grow bucks comparable to the other states. Where you will see a real problem arise is when this is tried to be enacted state-wide on private lands- it could work on WMAs though.Both myclubs have a 'no spike' rule, but that is about as much management as you will see in doghunting clubs. I dont want the state telling me what i am allowed to harvest onMY private land or my hunting club
Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

HMMMMM, FSU...whitetail studies.... very interesting.

Go Gators.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats with the dramatically photoshopped image?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

The south has never recovered from the fact their their own incompetency led to the murder of stonewall Jackson insuring the lose in the big war and their inability to come to grips with the inadequacy of their deer herd.
Respect.............as requested...........earning potential will be valuated.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 PM

i wish this would worki wouldnt saythat florida dont have some good deer around somewhere i have seen some nice deer in florida ,im not saying they have deer like illinois or texas but they have some decent deer and i think they should have some antler restrictions on deer more than just not killing spikes and i agree there is way too much trash in the woods i wish people would clean up after themselves
Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

I helpedto build the current curriculum at Florida State University entitled "Whitetail Studies" andthat demonstratesthe committment. You see, when state universities enter the game, economies are changed. So if the university system embraces what we are doing in terms of whitetail herd management and growth, imagine what that says to the rest of the US, the northeast in particular.

Top of the line management programs arecreated through innovation, early stage fundamental planning,and strong government support, all of which is taking place in Florida. It is not by accident that pro-hunting Legislators have been elected for several cycles now. Our deer hunting community has united and will not quit.

The northeast, meanwhile, is in shambles. Whitetailed deer leaving in the darkness of night in hopes of a better life in North Florida. Deer looking for nutrition and instead beiing forced to sift through mounds of cigarette butts and aluminum foil, hoping to get a nibble at something.

Guys, let's be honest. The entire Southeast, but Florida in particular, is poised to change deer hunting as we know it. The results will be staggering and Yankees will not be pleased. REALITY.

I'm laughing so dang hard right now. You have my respect TDWW! I would love to meet this guy sometime.

Quick Reply: FLORIDA MAKES A STATEMENT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.