Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FLORIDA MAKES A STATEMENT

Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: FLORIDA MAKES A STATEMENT

Thats halarious garbage right there!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Dominant Buck

If I wanted to hunt deer the size of dogs I'd start shooting fawns...
Respect denied with a yummy taco on the side.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:09 AM

Hey dog come hunting with me this fall ,from Pa to illinios to montana and you will never hunt in florida again.I was down there 2 years ago in bow season .I hope you never have to spend another one of your hunting seasons in such a dissmal place.If not good luck to you ,maybe you will get a 100''er one of these years.

[/align]
Old 06-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

Hey dog come hunting with me this fall ,from Pa to illinios to montana and you will never hunt in florida again.I was down there 2 years ago in bow season .I hope you never have to spend another one of your hunting seasons in such a dissmal place.If not good luck to you ,maybe you will get a 100''er one of these years.

[/align]
Florida can grow them big, my dad killed buck in the 130s lastyear and has 5 on the wall over 100. A guy i use to work with has two bucks on the wall, one scored 127 and the other scored 129 that came from florida public land. Don't get south florida confused with north florida,NORTH florida can grow somegood bucks with management. The problem is it isn't consistent, and some of us Floridians dont want 'trophy managment' anyway
Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM

I'm just at the point where a 130" buck will not make me happy.I understand those are really good bucks where you hunt but that is my point. I see many bucks every year that go over 150",hunt the mid west and you will do anything to get back there every fall.

[/align]
Old 06-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

yep, hunt the midwest, youll never look back. it would be neat to hunt florida though IMO
Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

TD you look different somehow. Where did the long flowing golden locks and bronzed tan go?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

I'm just at the point where a 130" buck will not make me happy.I understand those are really good bucks where you hunt but that is my point. I see many bucks every year that go over 150",hunt the mid west and you will do anything to get back there every fall.

[/align]
I would like to go just for the experience, but that's it. If i can't runa buckwith a pack of hounds through a thick swamp I would go crazy. Doghunters like me don't hunt for the antler size, just for the experience and memories. Antler sizedon't mean too much to me anymore, although i know i am in the minority when i state that on this forum. The thrill of the hunt is what always gets me up in the mornings bright and early! Just to have another chase with my dogs or watch a child harvest their first deer- that is what deer hunting is all about to me....
Old 06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

I have hunted Illinois, Arkansas and Florida.I obviously dislike hunting in Floridahands down over the other two states. The heat, humidityand bugs will tear you up. Yes, Florida is a huge state and it's terrain and conditionsvary from North to South. I hunt central florida and there are some decent deer but not the number and body mass of bucks as in themidwest, midsouth states. I will tell you this and I have heard pro hunters say this at hunting shows, thatharvesting adeer in the the swamps of Florida is not an easy thing to do.Florida does nto havea great abundance of grain fields to set up on. It take a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimesbut if you want to hunt, that's what you got to do.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Our deer here pale in comparison to the deer in the midwest in only one way...size. If you really want a challenge try to take down Bambi during gun season in the middle of a WMA. Those deer are smart as hell from the begining. Our deer are also the size of a large dog and amped up higher that a teenager that drank 10 energy drinks. I have yet to see one just amble on down the trail like in the shows from the midwest. Our deer walk 2 feet stop, look, listen, sniff, and go through all kinds of contortions even when they do not know you are there.I have been practicing drawing on some deer while I hunt pigs and if I manage to get a draw on 1 out of 6 I am pretty happy.

Quick Reply: FLORIDA MAKES A STATEMENT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.