Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wood blinds

Old 05-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wood blinds

Another option would be to buy one of the cheaper blinds. Currently you can buy them from Cabela's as cheap as $50 online.

I like to be able to move both my treestands and blinds. In the past I've built treestands and then found that they were not in a good location. I like the mobility.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_rifle_hunter

My dad and I make blinds out of dead trees and branches. We find 2 trees that are right next to each other and then we go and find branches and just start building up and around the trees until its high enough to sit in and not get seen by deer. It seems to work
i do basically the same thing. i also like to find some branches with leaves still on them to mask any movement in the blind. i've actually had a doe walk within 5 yds of me on public land with this blind style
Old 05-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently built this one for some private land that I hunt with my daughter and wife. That is why it is so big but you could build one 4X4 and it might better suit your needs for less money. I started with 4X4 posts and just framed the whole thing on the posts and then the posts were used as legs....

Old 05-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

I recently built this one for some private land that I hunt with my daughter and wife. That is why it is so big but you could build one 4X4 and it might better suit your needs for less money. I started with 4X4 posts and just framed the whole thing on the posts and then the posts were used as legs....

This is a pic of it with the windows installed and set up on the ranch

Old 05-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

did you build that and move it to your spot if it is portable i could see going for that what was the cost to build it

Old 05-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

did you build that and move it to your spot if it is portable i could see going for that what was the cost to build it

Yes I built this at my house and took it to the ranch on a trailer, It is too big for the back of a truck but if you built a 4X4 it will fit in the back of a truck and you can back right up to where you want to put it ( if thats a option for you)...I have about 500 in that stand but the 4X4 could be built cheaper if you did not want the slidind windows and all the extras I put into this one.....You would need 4 1/2 sheets of plywood, 4 4X4 posts, several 2X2's, hinges for the doors and windows(if you went with wood windows)...I think you should be able to build one for around 300 +or- a little....
Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Spike

Wooden blinds are safe and fit to all the rooms and wooden blinds to avoid from sun rays and easy customized with your interior design.