Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ANTI-GUN BILLS-SCARRY!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:18 AM

Default ANTI-GUN BILLS-SCARRY!!!

SCARRY SHIAAT better make some calls! Already passed assembly! It happened in Canada austrailia and England!

[hr]
[/align]This week, several anti-gun measures passed the State Assembly and are now heading to the State Senate, where they will most likely be referred to the State Senate Codes Committee.

Assembly Bill 6525A, sponsored by State Assemblywoman Amy Paulin (D-88), would create new sales and reporting requirements for licensed firearms dealers and require dealers to carry a minimum of $1,000,000 of liability insurance. AB6525A passed by a vote of 85 to 53.

Assembly Bill 9819A, authored by State Assemblywoman Michelle Schimel (D-16), would ban the sale of semi-automatic handguns not equipped with so-called "microstamping" technology. The bill requires all semiautomatic pistols sold in the state to microstamp an array of characters that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol on the firing pin, which would copy the characters onto the cartridge case upon firing. AB9819A passed by a vote of 90 to 43.

Assembly Bill 7331, sponsored by State Assemblyman Matthew Titone (D-61), would expand the ban on semi-automatic “assault weapons”, as well as require the ballistic “fingerprinting”(registration) of all semi-automatic “assault weapons” owned prior to a specified date. AB7331 passed by a vote of 85 to 46.

Assembly Bill 3451, introduced by State Assemblyman David Koon (D-135), would expand New York’s failed ballistic imaging program. AB3451 passed by a vote of 79 to 49.

Assembly Bill 2772, authored by State Assemblywoman Patricia Eddington (D-3), would ban the sale, use or possession of any firearm with a bore diameter .50 caliber or larger. This bill would require gun owners in possession of these firearms to surrender them to law enforcement. AB2772 would ban any shotgun larger than a .410. AB2772 passed by a vote of 85 to 49.

Assembly Bill 829, sponsored by State Assemblyman Steve Englebright (D-4), would prohibit the sale of any handgun that doesn’t contain a childproofing device or mechanism incorporated into the design of the handgun. AB829 passed by a vote of 86 to 46.

Assembly Bill 76, sponsored by State Assemblyman Harvey Weisenberg (D-20), would require the mandatory storage of all firearms. AB76 passed by a vote of 95 to 35.

Assembly Bill 3447, introduced by State Assemblyman David Koon (D-135), would ban the sale or possession of frangible ammunition. AB3447 passed by a vote of 85 to 40

- Just figured I'd pass this info along so you can see what our politicians are doing to us.

SF
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ANTI-GUN BILLS-SCARRY!!!

Good luck to all of you that live in the big city states. Better hope the police show up in time to save you while you hide under your bed. Nany state at its worst, bills like these are all ways for politicians to look like they are concerned with fixing social ills, but they always go after the GUN GLAM instead of the root of the problems. The current generation (my generation) has had their minds warped into believing what big brother tells them, and forget that the Government and Politicians are not some all knowing entity, they are just a bunch of educated idiots with a power grabbing agenda of their own.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

these politicians and the uninformed public are crazy!

recently here in IL, they had a meeting about gun control etc.....due to the NIU shooting.....instead of mostly anti gun people showing up, they got a rude awakening of pro gun rights crowd, many boos etc.....nice to know at times we are heard.....they wanted to reduce clip capacities or something, and the guy said that he was able to reload in less than a few seconds, ie.....reducing clip capacties wouldn't do much, but had concealed weapons been allowed, that may have made a severe impact on the outcome!

Old 04-19-2008, 02:51 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

What state
Old 04-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

This is the deer hunting portion of the forum, and none of the measures listed there affect deer hunting.

Furthermore, how dare they try to make it harder for a child to use a fully automatic .75 caliber handgun with a 200 roung clip that is kept securely under their father's pillow?

With all due respect, the things listed there aren't going to make it harder to hunt or protect yourself, or to target shoot for fun. you can store a handgun in a small safe under your bed, and unlock it before you go to sleep. you don't need a caliber larger than 50 any more than you need a formula one race car in your garage. if you don't use your gun to do anything illegal, it wont matter if its "fingerprinted". You don't need 50 round clips to fight off the Russkies and the gangs.

And the argument that the criminals have these weapons, so we need them too so we can protect ourselves doesn't work. Ifwe stopped making excessive weaponry 20 years ago, criminals would not have it now. It would have been weeded out and slowly confiscated, so the VirginiaTech shooter would have beenusing a bolt action rifle, or stopping to reload after only a few shots, making him mucheasier to stop before killing all those people. Think about the future.

I'm all for guns for hunting and for fun, but if you make a hammer bigger than it needs to be, somebody will hit someone in the head with it, so help minimize the losses by not making it bigger than it needs to be.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: kmunny19

This is the deer hunting portion of the forum, and none of the measures listed there affect deer hunting.

I don't know what state you live in but in Indiana we can only use shotguns and pistols during gun season. So if the bill passed banning all shotguns bigger than a .410 it would affect a lot of peoples deer hunting. Lets hope nothing like this happens in Indiana. That would really mess up duck hunting to.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:44 AM

I agree with kmunny, none of these types of weapons need to be accessable to the general public, none of them needed for the fair chase of game.( except for the .410, i wonder if that is correct) I dont see this as the govt. trying take away any reasonable gun rights.

If you want to handle weapons like that join the MILITARY, you will be able to use them all the time, even sleep with em.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

(I did a search on one of the names, "State Assemblywoman Amy Paulin", it is apparently New York State.)

I, for one, may want a big bore for hunting, big bore target shooting, collecting, or more effective personal protection. Who are legislators to define for me what is allowed under the Constitution? The 2nd does not say that we are only allowed small bore arms or only arms for hunting. A 45 can be a brutal bore anyway so what is this other than pandering to the politicions vapid base, or an attempt to get a foot into the door of a total gun ban.

Past history has shown that gun bans promote violence and aid criminals by disarming victims. I am fortunate to live in an area where most of us feel no need for a firearm for personal protection but things could change or I may retire and move.

Most of us value being citizens of the United States but these pols apparently want us all to be victims in the United States instead.

Bob

Edit- The two previous posters,kmunny19 & shamlin, sound like gun ban liberals wearing camouflage.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

amen Robert L E, 1st this is ot the forum for this argument, and second give them and inch and they will take a mile! PA is going through a similar assault on gun roghts driven by the liberal and antis. Never give them an inch and screw the idea of the bigger picture and compromise. There is none w/ a liberal.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Robert L E

(I did a search on one of the names, "State Assemblywoman Amy Paulin", it is apparently New York State.)

I, for one, may want a big bore for hunting, big bore target shooting, collecting, or more effective personal protection. Who are legislators to define for me what is allowed under the Constitution? The 2nd does not say that we are only allowed small bore arms or only arms for hunting. A 45 can be a brutal bore anyway so what is this other than pandering to the politicions vapid base, or an attempt to get a foot into the door of a total gun ban.

Past history has shown that gun bans promote violence and aid criminals by disarming victims. I am fortunate to live in an area where most of us feel no need for a firearm for personal protection but things could change or I may retire and move.

Most of us value being citizens of the United States but these pols apparently want us all to be victims in the United States instead.

Bob

Edit- The two previous posters,kmunny19 & shamlin, sound like gun ban liberals wearing camouflage.

Say what you want...... about what you think I am. I spent 4 yrs in the Marines and I am currently in law enforcement.I personally do not wantBillyJohn crack wheeling a .50 cal or an assault rifle when I get a call to go to his trailor park to bust his meth lab.
Bob..... So youaint assuming next time; yes I am wearing camo, but I am not a liberal...... but I do beleive inleaveingthe gun slinging and war fighting to those who have the right training.

Quick Reply: ANTI-GUN BILLS-SCARRY!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.