HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ANTI-GUN BILLS-SCARRY!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
shamlin

Default RE: ANTI-GUN BILLS-SCARRY!!!

ORIGINAL: Robert L E

(I did a search on one of the names, "State Assemblywoman Amy Paulin", it is apparently New York State.)

I, for one, may want a big bore for hunting, big bore target shooting, collecting, or more effective personal protection. Who are legislators to define for me what is allowed under the Constitution? The 2nd does not say that we are only allowed small bore arms or only arms for hunting. A 45 can be a brutal bore anyway so what is this other than pandering to the politicions vapid base, or an attempt to get a foot into the door of a total gun ban.

Past history has shown that gun bans promote violence and aid criminals by disarming victims. I am fortunate to live in an area where most of us feel no need for a firearm for personal protection but things could change or I may retire and move.

Most of us value being citizens of the United States but these pols apparently want us all to be victims in the United States instead.

Bob

Edit- The two previous posters,kmunny19 & shamlin, sound like gun ban liberals wearing camouflage.

Say what you want...... about what you think I am. I spent 4 yrs in the Marines and I am currently in law enforcement.I personally do not wantBillyJohn crack wheeling a .50 cal or an assault rifle when I get a call to go to his trailor park to bust his meth lab.
Bob..... So youaint assuming next time; yes I am wearing camo, but I am not a liberal...... but I do beleive inleaveingthe gun slinging and war fighting to those who have the right training.