Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-19-2002, 09:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-19-2002, 09:28 AM

Default RE: Urinating in and around Hunting areas!!!

I heard a study done on this, the only thing that is different in deer and human urine is that we eat meat. I have heard that it doesn't matter to the deer. I actually have heard that human urine drives big bucks CRAZY!

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-19-2002, 09:36 AM

I have heard many hunters on here say it doesn't matter.Myself I try to avoid doing it if I can just one less thing I don't have to worry about when it comes deer and how well they can smell.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

nah i dont belive it matters...me and my dad went withing 3 ft of where we were sitting...my dad shot a doe that day that came by with a bunch of others....and i missed one...b4 his came...and the wind was fairly bad for that spot but it was first day....and we had no other spot that was not taken...and my dad drinks tons of coffee b4 we go....and hes always urinating...never seems to matter...

mauser06
Old 01-19-2002, 11:48 AM

I don't think it matters. I piss like a race horse so if i were to try to keep the scent away I would have to bring a 5 gallon bucket to hold my piss haha. I never worry about it. I don't think it really matters too much to the deer.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:49 AM
JPS

I took my five year old son with me to put out my camtrakker.After finding a good place to put it I made a mock scrape put some lure in it and turned to hook up my camera.When I turned to the scrape my son was taking a leak in the scape and everywhere around it.I figured it was ruined but left it there anyways.Four days later we went back to check it and it was out of film.Got four bucks, alot of does,a red fox,racoon and one house cat.I dont think it bothers them but like Duke 13 said,why go through all the effort then take a whiz around your hunting area.I to take a gatorade bottle with me while hunting.
Old 01-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it really matters, even if you could convince me that its important you'll never find me walking around with a bottle of urine
Old 01-19-2002, 03:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-19-2002, 06:14 PM

Be sure you pee out the side of your ladder stand. Trust me.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.