Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting on Sunday's

Old 01-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hunting on Sunday's

ORIGINAL: Jeff Ovington

ORIGINAL: Buckeye Hunter

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

the ban on Sundays is nothing more than for religious beliefs, there is suppose to be a seperation of church and state but the far right don't want that.
Freedom of chioce ,don't hunt on Sundays if that is what you believe but don't stop others because they want to
I think you might want to research a little on the far right because the other end of spectrume wants to take your gun and a lot of other rites away from you as well. I'm not saying they are bad people,I just want to keep my freedom to choose.
Ya know freedom of choice is important, but ya don't have to worry about guns going away, they will only go if ya let them......
They're not gonna get your guns if ya fight...
I live in Canada, the Liberals introduced the firearms control on a gun owners at an estimated cost of 1 million dollars.
At 1 million dollars,everone seemed A -Ok with with the exception of the gun owners.
That one million dollarrs turned out to be a 3 billion dollar Liberal fiasco..
At 3 billion dollars everytax payer is pissed and now non hunters and non gun owners are saying stop..
Alot of us firearm owners said fine, you want firearms I'll registor everything that satrs and ends with the word gun,nail guns caulkng guns, glue guns, and hockey sticks ( cause when we werte kids, I pretended they where guns)
There is 2 alternatives the Gov has left one is to get rid of it, (they will) the other is to confiscate them ..
Honestly, if that happened who's gonna do it, the police,the CO's the military,there will be 7 million very very upset registered gun owners (probably (7 miillion non registered)and 99% will be trigger happy....
You have some great points there and you are on the money with a gun ban here for the time being and any time soon. But what about ammo tax's? I've heard some wild ideas about hugh tax increase on ammo and limiting stores on amounts and types of ammo they can handle and sell.
This is something that could really happen I fear and Hillary Clinton would'nt bat an eye on signing a bill for it. She also wants to impose national health care on us if she becomes Pres. And you being a Canadian and a fellow hunter I would like to here how you feel about your health care plan up there in Canada. I know Im' getting of topic of Sun. hunting which is cool with me but these other issuse are importat to me as well.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:10 PM

same problem in nova scotia,canada,no sunday hunting.it's supposedly being reviewed,hopefully we can get with the times.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned

Maybe this would be the perfect year to get it pushed through then? The politicians are looking for votes, this might be the best timeto actually give them a carrot for a chance. Im sure if it ever went through, it would'nt be "carte blanche". I imagine they'd throw some pork along with it. I can see both sides, I think.It does suck for those who work and can't get off the time, been there, done that. And those who save their vacation for the entire family, not just themselves. Iwould imagine that it would'nt be allowed in certain areas due to population density and such. The only problem would be some of the rural areas that are intermixedwith development.I would hope that people would respect such areason Sunday's. Im suremost would, butwe all know there are those jacka$$es that think they ownthe woods and dont have any respect, whether or not its Sunday. There was an article in our local paper about trying archery first, then maybeblack powder and so on. Allowing the archery & crossbows would'nt be a bad deal either. That would make both sides a little ticked, so itwould probably be fair.Maybe a good start anyway. Or allowing it after 12:00.If it came to a vote (which I believe it has before) I'd have to support it.And those that dont, just stay in bed onSunday......
Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 PM

Virginia

In Richmond, it is illegal to flip a coin in any eating establishment to determine who buys a cup of coffee.
In Norfolk, a man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman's derriere.
There is a state law prohibiting ``corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates.''
In Lebanon, it is illegal to kick your wife out of bed.
http://www.interl.net/~overlyjd/Goofy_Laws.html it would stink not to be able to hunt on sunday.
West Virginia

In Nicholas County, no clergy members may tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during church services.
Doctors and dentists may not place a woman under anesthesia unless a third person is present.
It is illegal to snooze on a train.State-by State List of Loony Laws

Alabama

It is illegal to play Dominos on Sunday.
It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buckeye Hunter
You have some great points there and you are on the money with a gun ban here for the time being and any time soon. But what about ammo tax's? I've heard some wild ideas about hugh tax increase on ammo and limiting stores on amounts and types of ammo they can handle and sell.
This is something that could really happen I fear and Hillary Clinton would'nt bat an eye on signing a bill for it. She also wants to impose national health care on us if she becomes Pres. And you being a Canadian and a fellow hunter I would like to here how you feel about your health care plan up there in Canada. I know Im' getting of topic of Sun. hunting which is cool with me but these other issuse are importat to me as well.

[/quote]
Honestly I don't know what to do about the Clinton position
if she becomes Pres...
Number one don't vote for her, but Bush really ranyour country into the ground..
I mean our dollar rose 16 cents in just over 2 years,..
Thats really messed up dude....I have always liked McCain,
but I don't think a Republican will make Pres this time around.
Hopefull a really good Independant will run, someone who is a gun lovin gun toting enthusiest, and knows his business, has clout, and doesn't have to suck up to Corperations.
Loves money, knows how to make money, and hates losing money and wisely spends it...
As far as the possibility of increased ammo hikes, find a loop hole..(There always is one if you look hard enough)
Maybe kids under certain ages and seniors, are excempt from paying taxes, get them to purchase them for ya..
National Health care isn't a bad thing (unless you never need to go).Its not free,but subsidised and its coverage amounts depend on a persons age, wheather or not he or she is a student, martial status, kids .
For $110 bucks a month my familly of six is covered24/7/365.
If ya live below poverty, your covered 24/7/365 for free, which I can live with if your working but having a hard time making ends meet..
Its convient, and weight is off your shoulders knowing that if something was to happen to you your wife your kids ya still have a roof over your head..
Ya just have to worry aboout one thing,the most important at the time, the well being of your familly member..
Its nice to watch my kids being born and not getting a 1000 bill handed over to me after..
When mywife hadsurgery, and they kepther in2 extra days cause the doctor knew with3 young kids at home plus a newborn,she wouldn't get any rest there and her incision wouldn't heal..
I know that wouldn't be happening if I had to pay..
The problems I have with it,
And the biggest problem I have with it, because these people consistanly take up bed space operating tables,and I feel its not deserved...
You live below poverty overdose on heroin (drugs)and your covered 24/7/365..
You are above Poverty line, overdose on heroin (drugs)your covered 24/7/365....
Ya drink and drive, crash your car, kill the passenger, kill everyone else in the other car, and your in need of a spleen and a kidney, your covered....
But all in all, very very few of the percentage fall in
NOT DESRVING CATEGORY, its not the best system,
but its comforting knowing that my family is medically secured...
And I'm glad to have it..

Old 01-31-2008, 01:28 PM

i'm not against hunting on sunday's...as long as it doesn't keep you from church. i think if you want to hunt from 5:30 or 6 til 9 or so you can...just leave enough time where you can get out, get a shower, and get to church, if you go to church. you can always go in the afternoons after church. i've hunted on sunday's before, but always have gotten out so i could go to church. i know it's hard for some people to get days off and to do stuff they want to do, but God doesn't take a vacation from you, so why should you take a vacation or day off from Him?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If a state bans Sunday hunting shouldn't they ban Sunday fishing?
Bike riding?
Football games?
Baseball?
Shouldn't the ski mountains be closed?
Why can i go waterskiing on the lake on Sundays?
You'll probably find one of my daughters at the mall on Sunday afternoon.

I really would like to know how many people who vote to ban Sundayhunting take part in one of these activities on a Sunday

Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

jcsfootball---I don't want to sound rude but hunting on Sundays and your relationship with god is you own issue....people should not push their religous beliefs on others. I guess when humans actually had to hunt/kill animals to survive...as of 100 years ago, that they didn't hunt on Sundays because it was "gods" day? I guess if there were 5 starving people looking over a valley with 30 buffalo on a Sunday back then, I guess they would just say, "its god's day we can't hunt and I guess we will starve to death even though this may be our only chance at food in the next week".
Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 PM

We used not be able to hunt in Ohio up until a few years ago. I personally don't because I usually hunt on my Dad's land & he is against it ..... not sure why though! *L* Fortunately I get friday, saturday & sunday off so I got at least 2 days a week to hunt if I so choose.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:53 PM

i wasn't forcing what i believe on others..i was just expressing my opinion..if you want to hunt on sunday's thats your thing, but im just saying i will hunt on sunday's only if i make time to go to church..sorry if i sounded rude or pushy with what i said, but i was just expressing my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.