Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting on Sunday's

Old 02-01-2008, 12:24 PM

Default RE: Hunting on Sunday's

I'm from New York and remember the old blue laws. The reason for the change was just what all you guys are talking about. I don't hunt on Sunday, just old fashion habit. What I see is fewer people hunting because of the repeal of Sunday laws. At one time most took a week off at least for hunting. Now they just go out Saturday or Sunday. For the avid hunter, not much has changed. I hear a lot of complaint about not seeing deer. Some of this because during the week they are not being moved. I am talking about Shotgun now.Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. In any event get out there. The deer are there. More now than 30 to 50 years ago.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rockyshamrock

Virginia

In Richmond, it is illegal to flip a coin in any eating establishment to determine who buys a cup of coffee.
In Norfolk, a man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman's derriere.
There is a state law prohibiting ``corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates.''
In Lebanon, it is illegal to kick your wife out of bed.
http://www.interl.net/~overlyjd/Goofy_Laws.html it would stink not to be able to hunt on sunday.
West Virginia

In Nicholas County, no clergy members may tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during church services.
Doctors and dentists may not place a woman under anesthesia unless a third person is present.
It is illegal to snooze on a train.State-by State List of Loony Laws

Alabama

It is illegal to play Dominos on Sunday.
It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

Iowa has its share of dumb laws as well:

Iowa

State law forbids any establishment from charging admission to see a one-armed piano player.
In Fort Madison, firemen are required to practice for 15 minutes before attending a fire.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its real simple---here is my letter(rant):

Dear Idiots, we are trying to hunt on our own private land on Sundays. What is the problem?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

Easy fellas, I was just trying to see their rationale, which is becoming even more obvious that there is none. I believe it the age old, "who is going to tell who(m?)what to do" I don't know about you guys, but I'd bet hunters pray more in a tree stand than they do at church!!

"Please God, I've been good, I just ask for one shot at B&C buck".......

I guess Im guilty too.

I thought there was some talk about a law, thanks for clearing that up. But denying bows on private land on Sunday?? At least hunters would have gained an inch.....

Whats the fine/penalty for shooting deer on Sunday, anyway?

Old 02-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vabyrd
Whats the fine/penalty for shooting deer on Sunday, anyway?
I think a class 3 misdemeanor.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:43 AM

I think that sunday bans are bull ****. Here in maryland we are limited on sundays that you are allowed to hunt and the certain ones that you can hunt on are for private land in only some counties. Well i m not fortunate enough to have privfate land that i can hunt on so that completly screws me for sundays.But year after year there has been more and more sundays becoming available. It was hard for me because i m now 18 and when i was in school when i started hunting about 4 years ago, alot of times i couldnt go because i only had weekends and my father didnt get off many saturdays. So because of that i ended not going to school several days every year so that i could hunt and i was missing out on alot of education that i needed. I dont want to here that sunday is the only day that hickers feel safe because when i hunt on public land in maryland during the week there has been many times when people hike right under my stand. It doesnt prevent them during the week what is the difference if it was on a sunday.

I taked to my brother the other day and he said he has an article about a vote they are going to have this year in maryland. Then have proposed a few things like lifting the sunday ban completly for next year and maybe extending the hunting season due to the high deer populations here. i have not seen the article my self but i am excited to read it so that i can go to the hearing and voice my opinion on the matter.

GOOD LUCK to the rest of you states with the sunday hunting ban. Never stop fighting one day we will all bring this ban down. all it takes is one state and hopefully the other will follow.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ahhhhhhhh look at ohio