Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best Hunting Photo

Old 01-13-2008, 05:56 PM
wmm
Spike

Default Best Hunting Photo

How about a fun contest.... Winner announced this coming friday, I'll count them up.
Here are the rules... 1) Post your best hunting photo, not going for size of animal here just a good photo. 2) Quick story about the photo. 3) Your vote on your favorite photo, can't be yours Max of 2 pictures.

Even if you don't feel you have a winner go ahead and put your best one out there for fun!!
And the winner gets...... bragging rights of course.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
wmm
Spike

Default RE: Best Hunting Photo

First pic... Taken a few years ago on the last day of the season. Spotted him working down the ridge waited until he got within 250 yards. Hit him, he did the infamous kick ran about 80 more yards then I laid him down...

The lope... Taken this year. 175 yards out. Came around the corner there he was, crawled about 100 yrds, and yes got scoped too

Old 01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

MY FATHER AND I

I am sure most of you are like me... We learned to hunt from our father. We all probably think our father's are the most accomplished hunters around. I never really loved to hunt until after college, and now i would say I spend most of my leisure time doing hunting involved activities.

Anyway, I took this nice 11-pointer this year and my dad was not around (the first time I have taken a deer without him being there). I called him on the phone (3-hours away) and told him a shot a brute (225-250 pounds) and did not know what to do... Needless to say he jumped in his car and drove three hours to help me load it into my truck and get it checked in. This is something I will never forget.

I think this photo is priceless! My father and I at the Check-in station.

We could have dragged the deer out of the truck and staged a photo with beautiful scenery in the background, but it wouldn't mean the same.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

i got this guy this year hunting a swamp in southern MO
19" wide

i just thought id throw these in for the H311 of it

Old 01-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

1-4-08..last push of the day...2 yearlings ran right down the path i was standing on. 10yd shot dead center of the white patch on its throat. 50cal TC Hawken Flintlock shooting a patched roundball dropped it in its tracks. seen a good 20 deer that push...dropped in his tracks. turned out to be a button buck..but im proud of my first flintlock deer. only ever killed 2 groundhogs with it..1 at 10yds and 1 at 45yds..hide just got sent to the tannery

10-13-07...first archery buck(first animal taken with the bow ever..)...4x2 plus a 1" sticker off the base making it a 5x2. 21yd shot, double lung pass through...died within sight. was the 4th deer and 2nd buck i seen that morning. 1 other buck for sure, 1 unidentified deer busted me reaching for the rattling antlers and all i saw was tail..when mine went on the 20yd death run, another deer ran..big body, couldnt make out what it was...currently at the taxidermist

been working on taking better in the field pictures this year, and like to think that these pics are fairly good. could be better, but a far step above some of my old pics in the back of the truck or hanging from a tree or in the garage or barn...still take those pics, but good looking "field" pics are always nice...

really like Rorys first pic of him dragging the buck...gets my vote thus far...all good pics though..
Old 01-13-2008, 07:41 PM

mauser06gets points for that sweet looking flintlock muzzy. (awesome job!)
Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
wmm
Spike

Mauser06.... I would say those are some fine field photos. They look great. I have always viewed the pictures as the trophy, nothing better than going to someone's house and pulling out the photo album, tons of stories and memories.... I think this is what it's all about All great pics.

And newguy23... That is a toad. Was it taken on public or private ground?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM

Having trouble posting pics.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: wmm

And newguy23... That is a toad. Was it taken on public or private ground?
Private... My first buck off of my 100-acres I just purchased in Southeast Ohio.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

This should be a cool thread. I know I love seeing everyones photo's and stories. I actually look through them probably once a week just to see all the nice deer taken by everyone.

This is of my 2007 buck and my best. If your tired of reading about it I appoligize but they are different photos I haven't posted. LOL
Anyway,
When I shot this buck I was on my fathers property and I had forgotten my camera and knife. Dad had left for work and I was there by myself. I called Dad and told him and asked where his camera was etc. My dad headed home with a hunting knife he had in his truck (one he used in AK when he was stationed there in the '70s but thats another story) After I talked to him on the phone I pulled my buck out of the field toward the house. And went to get the camera. I took a bunch of pics while I waited. When dad showed up he said my grandfather was on the way. So my first picture is a picture with my 84 year old grandfather. I wish we could have gotten a picture with Dad, Grandpa, and me but there was only three of us. I love the pic because he is a big reason I hunt today. The second picture is one I took while waiting. I actually use it as my background for now. I don't know what it is I just love the pic.

Quick Reply: Best Hunting Photo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.