Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Starting New Hunt Club in S.E.Mich. >

Starting New Hunt Club in S.E.Mich.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Starting New Hunt Club in S.E.Mich.

Old 02-01-2003, 02:10 PM

Default Starting New Hunt Club in S.E.Mich.

I have a small group of guys{5} that I work with that want to start a Hunt Club. We will be looking to lease land for this. I want to start this out right, so I'm asking for advice. I need to know where and when to advertise, rules, and anything else that might help.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Starting New Hunt Club in S.E.Mich.

You will first have to figure out how much land you are going to be able to lease and the price. Are you going to have food plots and the cost? If you have 1000 acres at $6 per acre = $6000 plus club expenses. I would try 5 members at $1200 or 6 if you have plots. Keep the number of members as low as possible. Have a limit on the number of guest days each member is allowed, if any. Are spouse and young siblings are allowed to hunt on one membership (you may need a limit here)? Are you going to try size limits on bucks? Start out with a core group of friends and add as needed and have a meeting to hash out rules. Keep them as simple as possible. If you have work days, make them mandatory for all. No pay, no hunt. You may need to have a probationary period of two years on all members (non workers, drunks, late or non payers, etc. are not invited back)