Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE) >

Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Old 12-22-2007, 07:20 AM

Default RE: Neighbors shooting deer out of season

[&o][&o]
"He knows that no ones shoots coyotes at 5:15 with a herd of deer on their field."

When would he like for you to shoot them?

"I think it's lame some people really have their doubts"
And youyourself are100% percentsure that a law was being broken and you saw nothing. That being the case I have some ocean front property in WV you might be interested in.

"Whether or not I saw one go down or not, he's checking them to see if theyturned the deer in or not."

Do people around there usually turn in illegal deer?
If so does that make it only 1/2 illegal?

"It also puts people's lives in danger being in the woods during BOW SEASON, while neighbors are throwing lead everywhere"

You've never been bowhunting while other were squirel hunting in your area? I bet its really dangerous during shotgun season. Maybe built a bunker to hunt out of.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

He knows that no ones shoots coyotes at 5:15 with a herd of deer on their field.
Hey Like I said if you think they are poaching make the call. As far as this goes I whacked a Coyote this year during gun season it followeda buck intoa thicket. It was before shooting time for deer but we can hunt Coyote anytime let the deer walk dropped the coyote a few minutes after. Proably every one that heard that shot thought I had dropped a deer before legal shooting time, but I did nothing illegal.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was out hunting today with the bow and had kicked up a few deer earlier in the day. I sat in my stand and around 5:20I saw probably 15 deer come out of nowhere and start running and playing in a field (too far away for a bow shot). Seconds later I heard 6 shotgun blasts. Shotgun season is over and apparently the neighboring property owners don't care to obey the rules. My question is, what would you do?
You are calling people ridiculas but you really didn't provide any history about prior occurances with the neighbors.

You ask people their opinions don't freak when they might have a different one then you.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK, you asked for advise, and now we are lame for giving it to you! Or you think that we are questioning your honesty! Neither is true! You just need some type of facts before calling the Wardens in on someone! Hearing shots is no proof of poaching! Have you ever heard of "crying wolf?" Calling in on someone with no evidence is going to reduce your chances of getting the Wardens out there when you really need them!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Spike

I would say....mind your own business. Maybe the neighbors are poor people. And like my grandad says, "you know why God made deer? For poor people to eat....and we're poor!"
Old 12-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

If the game warden was familiar with the "poachers" why hasn't he caught them?
Old 12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Spike

Well just thought I'd give everyone an update. I called the game warden and spoke with him about what had happened. He indicated he had paid more than few visits to the property in the past and even once this year. Well I got a call back yesterday. Here's what he had to say.

5bucks, 7 does all hanging inside the guys barn, doors were wide open. None of them were tagged or checked, owner had a license, but..........it was expired. In ohio you can take 7 deer in a season and only 1 with antlers. The warden wouldn't tell me much else but if I HEAR or happen to see anything out of the ordinary again to give him a call. He then told me how glad he was that I called and said how people usually don't like to call on neighbors, but the neighbors are the only ones who know something unethical might be going on.

He didn't say but indicated some things were seized from the guy including some guns and the deer. Guess I have a pretty good idea where all the deer have gone, because I'm sure it's been going on for awhile. Pretty sad some people can't play by the rules. I know my story didn't sound like I had enough proof, and I most certainly could of been wrong. But I had a good feeling I knew what was going on, and turns out I was right.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DMiller6868

Well just thought I'd give everyone an update. I called the game warden and spoke with him about what had happened. He indicated he had paid more than few visits to the property in the past and even once this year. Well I got a call back yesterday. Here's what he had to say.

5bucks, 7 does all hanging inside the guys barn, doors were wide open. None of them were tagged or checked, owner had a license, but..........it was expired. In ohio you can take 7 deer in a season and only 1 with antlers. The warden wouldn't tell me much else but if I HEAR or happen to see anything out of the ordinary again to give him a call. He then told me how glad he was that I called and said how people usually don't like to call on neighbors, but the neighbors are the only ones who know something unethical might be going on.

He didn't say but indicated some things were seized from the guy including some guns and the deer. Guess I have a pretty good idea where all the deer have gone, because I'm sure it's been going on for awhile. Pretty sad some people can't play by the rules. I know my story didn't sound like I had enough proof, and I most certainly could of been wrong. But I had a good feeling I knew what was going on, and turns out I was right.
GOOD!

its too bad there has to be crybabies on this site. I SAY, if you have suspicions, call the dnr. proof or not. IT doesnt hurt ANYTHING. I tend to disagree with a lot of the people on here because I think people take things far too personally. its RETARDED..
Old 12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am glad they got busted for poaching!!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

bump

Quick Reply: Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.