Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE) >

Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Old 01-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Sounds like this had a good ending. BUT, since only about 3 percent of calls to the DNR actually result in arrests, i will stick by my original position that i need to be pretty damn sure about something before I make any accusations.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Neighbors shooting deer out of season

ORIGINAL: DMiller6868

Well just thought I'd give everyone an update. I called the game warden and spoke with him about what had happened. He indicated he had paid more than few visits to the property in the past and even once this year. Well I got a call back yesterday. Here's what he had to say.

5bucks, 7 does all hanging inside the guys barn, doors were wide open. None of them were tagged or checked, owner had a license, but..........it was expired. In ohio you can take 7 deer in a season and only 1 with antlers. The warden wouldn't tell me much else but if I HEAR or happen to see anything out of the ordinary again to give him a call. He then told me how glad he was that I called and said how people usually don't like to call on neighbors, but the neighbors are the only ones who know something unethical might be going on.

He didn't say but indicated some things were seized from the guy including some guns and the deer. Guess I have a pretty good idea where all the deer have gone, because I'm sure it's been going on for awhile. Pretty sad some people can't play by the rules. I know my story didn't sound like I had enough proof, and I most certainly could of been wrong. But I had a good feeling I knew what was going on, and turns out I was right.
I would love to know how much he was fined!!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

I'm glad you made the call..It might slow those LOOSERS down from poaching..Good Job!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Way to go. You made the right choice in calling the Game Warden and turning in the poachers. Most people wouldn't have the backbone to do what you did. Way to stand up for what is ethical.