HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)
Old 12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
DMiller6868
Spike

Default RE: Neighbors shooting deer out of season

Well just thought I'd give everyone an update. I called the game warden and spoke with him about what had happened. He indicated he had paid more than few visits to the property in the past and even once this year. Well I got a call back yesterday. Here's what he had to say.

5bucks, 7 does all hanging inside the guys barn, doors were wide open. None of them were tagged or checked, owner had a license, but..........it was expired. In ohio you can take 7 deer in a season and only 1 with antlers. The warden wouldn't tell me much else but if I HEAR or happen to see anything out of the ordinary again to give him a call. He then told me how glad he was that I called and said how people usually don't like to call on neighbors, but the neighbors are the only ones who know something unethical might be going on.

He didn't say but indicated some things were seized from the guy including some guns and the deer. Guess I have a pretty good idea where all the deer have gone, because I'm sure it's been going on for awhile. Pretty sad some people can't play by the rules. I know my story didn't sound like I had enough proof, and I most certainly could of been wrong. But I had a good feeling I knew what was going on, and turns out I was right.