Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

best way to buy land?

Old 12-17-2007, 05:43 PM

Default RE: best way to buy land?

who needs to buy land when you have rich parents who have no clue what do spend their money on and hate to just sit on it?

go out in to boonies and see how much they want?
closer to cities you will have to pay more.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: MaineBuckHunter

As fast as maine is getting developed its nice to see you can still get land for under $1,000/acre.

http://northernmainerealty.com/listings/listingview.php?listingID=70
Thats cheap. I cant find land in Georgia for less then $2,000+/acre. Anyone know of a good site with land for lease?

npaden: Thanks for the site.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:56 AM

A guy I know bought 500 acres in middle Tn, Cost an arm and a leg. However he went and let a logging company come in and log half of it. Nearly paid the whole thing off doing that. Im looking into that right now.. Around here the average price for 60 acres is 350-400k!! Its sad that its impossible to buy when all you want to do is keep it LAND and clean it up, keep it pure, not develop it and squeeze in as many houses as you can!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Its easy to buy land if you start out with that as a primary goal. Too many people (including me) start out with spending their money on various "toys." Then, when they realize that they need to buy land, they have too many other debts and obligations. If Ihad it to do all over again, i would have started out living in a dirt cheap efficiency apartment and driving an old clunkerbecause all my money was tied up in land.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Land has almost always been a good investment. It doesn't wear out, and almost always, but not always goes up in value each year. Here good hunting land which is usually very poor agricultural land can bring as much or more than good farm land. If I were getting out of college and wanted badly to own some hunting land, I would try to start saving up a down payment, keep my credit squeaky clean and keep my eyes open. I can't stress how important it would be to have the land as close to where you live as possible. That allows you to utilize the land more and keep your eye on it better. I would finance it for not more than 20 years.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Here is how I did. I got out of college when I was 22. My uncle had some land he wanted to sell. Around a 100 acres or so. My partner/buddy talk him into selling it to us on contract. We called the Forester first thing and got enough from that to make the payment for a year or so. Then we surveyed it off and sold it off in lots. I know I destroyed the land. It took 2 years to sell off and that when the market was hot. We were also at that time buying houses to fix up and sell. To make a long story short. By the time I was 25 we were and still are paying cash for all the houses we buy. My buddy paid cash for his own house. I bought and 100 acre farm for cash several years ago and another 100 acre farm before that. I have never had a car payment and we havent had a house payment since we were 25. We are now looking to buy a place for us to hunt and build on where we do most of our hunting an hour away. This took time. I am now 37. SO it took 15 years to get to this place. We have bought,sold,built fixed up over 80 homes in that time.