Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer season almost over

Old 12-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Spike

Default Deer season almost over

Here in eastern North Carolina deer season ends Jan 1. I am already dreading the fact I can deer hunt and have to wait another year. This is the first year I venture on my own and I only killed one doe so I am a little upset considering I have been hunting almost every weekend.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Default RE: Deer season almost over

I know how ya feel im dreading the end of season. Oh well though i guess i still have two solid weeks of black powder season left then i can start coyote hunting hard. Sorry your season isnt going the way you want it to. My theory is thoughI would rather go out hunting and not get anything then not go at all though. Good Luck with the rest of your season!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM

I feel your pain. This was my first year of hunting after about a few years away from the sport, and I thought I had it all figured out. I joined a local club, and I decided that I would hunt does for meat during the early gun season, then shift gears and look for mature bucks during the rut and late season. Turns out that the only deer that I have seen on my club have been the ones that I've jumped going to my stand in the morning, and the one doe that I have shot came from a friend's club a few miles away. It gets frustrating going over and over again and not seeing anything. The trouble is, all of the members of the club are having basically the same kind of season; I don't know whether its the drought, or what. (By the way- I hunt in Georgia, and our deer season in my part of the state ends Jan 15.) Add to all of thisthat I work shift work, andI have been fortunate to be able to hunt when no one else is in the woods during the week.I know thatthe deer are around. Alot of the old timers say that they think our deer have gone nocturnal. Oh well, I guess it is like that sometimes.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:51 AM

at least you have till the 1st.
it's over this weekend in the northeastern zone and I've managed to not fill my tag yet.

on the bright side of things...it's more like 10 months till gun season for you.