Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Seasons suprise and food plot suggestions for next year. >

Seasons suprise and food plot suggestions for next year.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Seasons suprise and food plot suggestions for next year.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Seasons suprise and food plot suggestions for next year.

My dad and I bought a new hunting tract in southern Indiana this year and hunted it hard this first year to see what kind of deer were there already. I ended up with a nice eight pointer that i thought was 3 1/2yearsold. It had a 16" inside spread and the G2's were about 8" long and the G3's were about6".The mass was notgreat, but still not bad. I did a double take whenI looked at its teeth. By its teeth I guessed it was only about 2 years old. I even took it to my uncle who is a professional taxidermist and he got the same estimate. The genes and minerals must be there, now i just need something that will bring the deer in and keep them close year round. Any suggestions.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seasons suprise and food plot suggestions for next year.

Plant plenty of food plots and leave a decent size area of property for a sanctuary where you don't go in and disturb the deer,good bedding areas and water source are also a plus and try to keep the Doe to Buck ratio the same.