Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting ban

Old 12-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sunday Hunting ban

RIDICULOUS!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

well im sorry but im against hunting on sundays. im religious and i believe that god took sunday off for a reason and thats how its supposed to be. if god took a break then why not give the game a break too. sorry if you dont agree but thats what i think and its gonna stay strong.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:34 PM

It is ok for individuals to believe Sundays are days of rest. They are more than welcome to stay at home when I go hunting. It crosses the line when they attempt to force those beliefs onto others, which is exactly what is happening. The constiution states there is to be a seperation between church and state. Blue laws are the complete opposite.

Do you believe alcohol should not be sold on Sunday too? I think a lot of people enjoy resting in a chair with a cold beer. I sure do.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here ya go guys...

Pretty asinine, ain't it? [:@]

Old 12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its stupid that they don't allow sunday hunting in some states . according to the chart i am surrounded by states the that don't have it . luckily i do in R.I.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:50 PM

Shadow, I feel for you and everyone that has to put up with no Sunday hunting. Ohio changed their law in 1998 on a limited/trial basis. The law was expanded and became permanent in 2002. One of the provisions that was added to the bill to allow Sunday hunting was stiffer penalties for tresspassing.Check out this link thathas a good history of how the law changed in Ohio and the lack of public outcry which was feared, but never came to pass. (see page 43) There is stuff about other states too.

I would encourage you to keep contacting your legislators and whomever oversees the hunting laws in your state. There have been quite a few states that have changed the law in the not too distant past and I'm sure more will surely follow with enough encouragement (well, except for my neighboring state of Pennsylvania ).

Good luck to you!

PS I just found this forum and I love it!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

No hunting on Sunday would drive me nuts - though I guess I wouldn't have to miss any football games that way
Old 12-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

seems kind of ridiculous to me.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:10 PM

I agree with you guys completely. I'm sure it would be a long process to voice your opinion and actually hear something back. I'm sure this has been done but maybe start a petition and send it to your state representative or maybe yourgov. Tim Caine.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Sunday hunting bans date back to the old blue law days. There were no stores open in many states, let alone liquor stores. Like the map above shows, we have no sunday hunting here in the peoples republik of Konnecticut. However we are trying to change it.

The first argument of course is the separation of church and state and the fact that some people aren't at all religious.

The second argument is game management. Studies were done and due to the fact that we have too many deer,the numbers worked out better to allow sunday hunting than if the state just lengthened the season by a couple of weeks. The belief was more people would hunt on Sunday than would take weekdays off to utilize the lengthened season. Here in Connecticut we bring it before the legislature each year during the legislative session.

Every state that has a ban should organize and start harassing your legislators for Sunday hunting.

Here are a couple of websites for those that are politically active and would like to see how we approach it.
http://www.nwcsc.org/

http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read1.cfm?ID=1945&programdocs=BHR

It is of course an uphill battle but anything worth fighting for takes time.

As far as those that are against it, well just don't hunt on Sunday. Those that are for it, should be able to enjoy a day afield on sunday if that is their only day that they can do it.

That's what makes this country what it is. You do what you want and I do what I want. As long as I am not hurting you or infringing on your rights, MYFB

As far as the trespass issues go, if private landowners don't want sunday hunting, so be it. Most states you need trespass permission, so they have that option to say yes or no. However ANY public Land should be allowed to be utilized when the citizens can, not when some religious zealot says I can. I don't see the state giving me 1 day off a week from paying taxes, so why shouldI be allowed to use the land only six days a week?

I have also heard :well what about the NON hunters that want to go out on sundays and enjoy nature? Well they have the other 10 or so months of the year to enjoy the out of doors, when I can't hunt.

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting ban

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.