Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting ban

Old 12-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sunday Hunting ban

Someone needs to do an economic impact study for Sunday hunting and use that as ammunition. If some of these states fully understood the tens of millions in revenue that would be generated, they might not cling so highly to the moral highground.

I remain mystified why the ACLU hasnt taken on this issue. I guess that they hate the idea of people carrying guns and shooting animals more than they oppose blurring the line between church and state.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have never heard of this being a issue. I'm fairly new to the forum, but I would be very upset if the state of MS used the same set of laws. I think the state is overstepping their boundaries. I, as many others, work Mon-Sat. I think everyone on this forum from these states should get on the same page and send letters to your elected criminals/officials.(If you feel the same way as me)
Old 12-05-2007, 10:10 AM

time to move.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Someone needs to do an economic impact study for Sunday hunting and use that as ammunition. If some of these states fully understood the tens of millions in revenue that would be generated, they might not cling so highly to the moral highground.
Lanse, the states of VA, PA, CT, etc... all have been doing economic impact and wildlife biological impact studies. All have come back with positive results (#1--increase in revenue/economy, #2--there will be absolutely no devastating impact on wildlife population. It will help thin the booming deer herds, and there still won't be 9000 hunters in a sea of blaze orange out there on a Sunday).

I remain mystified why the ACLU hasnt taken on this issue. I guess that they hate the idea of people carrying guns and shooting animals more than they oppose blurring the line between church and state.
Bingo! The Anti Christ Lawyers Union is viciously anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-everything (with the exception of minorities, illegal aliens, etc...)
Old 12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

if those type of studies have been done, then you need to keep them in people's faces. it sounds like some states have recently repealed these laws or at least modified them for the better.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you all for the discussion, advice, and information. I, along with thousands of other VA hunters signed an online petition this year and turned it into the state congress,,they DID NOT budge. I love Virginia, but I can tell you this, I do not like old school folks telling me what I can and cannot due if the activity I chose to engage in is legal...that is not right. I could go on and on about the hypocritcal laws.....If anything, hunting on PRIVATE lands should be allowed on Sundays.

shadow
Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Thank you all for the discussion, advice, and information. I, along with thousands of other VA hunters signed an online petition this year and turned it into the state congress,,they DID NOT budge. I love Virginia, but I can tell you this, I do not like old school folks telling me what I can and cannot due if the activity I chose to engage in is legal...that is not right. I could go on and on about the hypocritcal laws.....If anything, hunting on PRIVATE lands should be allowed on Sundays.

shadow
Keep at it! Just because they didn't budge this year, doesn't mean that won't next year or the year after that. Do not give up the a fight that is worth fighting for. Many other states have done it and it is just a matter of time.

(Now I have to go write my own state's wildlife council about allowing turkey hunting past noon. )

Good luck to you!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Lanse couche couche, I think it is surprising people won't listen to the dollar signs. I thought the only thing more important in this country than religion was $$. I would say the general public just needs to be more aware of it, but more importantly big hunting retailers like Cabelas, Bass Pro and other hunting related buinesses. Money makes action take place far faster than people.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro likes the sunday hunting ban. Guys that are in the woods on sunday arent in their store.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear you got to put up with this crap, Glad NY allows Sun hunting where I am. Best of luck with your petitions.

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting ban

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.