Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Am I wrong here..?

Old 12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Am I wrong here..?

I can guarantee you one thing, if somebody acted like a complete essobee like he did while I was trying to help out he would have drug the deer out by himself. I think it was your dad's deer IMHO.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM

buy that loser a package of targets for christmas d
Old 12-03-2007, 04:58 PM

Maybe one good thing came out of it. Maybe he will stay at home the rest of the season and brag to his buddies how he killed this buck. What a slob that is clearly your dads deer. Kick him to the curb I would.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default same hunt club

Throwin a little bit extra out there, i hunt the same hunt club as rockin chair and we're pretty good buddies (brothers) ya could say...well, i couldn't come in to hunt the weekend all this went down because i was stuck at school studying for exams...well, i wake up saturday morning about 9:00 am and i text ol' encore and ask him if he has had any luck...he calls me and says "well i've got good news and bad news" and proceeds to tell me how he saw a big buck coming and "decided to shoot that son of a b****" which infuriated me in the first place...anyways, he tells me that it laid down and as soon as it got up he proceeded to take off after it to track it...well, while he was trackin it, like RC said, he heard two shots and figured it was "his" buck down and that if he saw who shot it he was "gonna walk right up to the b**** and make sure he got one of them damned hornings" (not horns folks, hornings...true story)...anyways, he told me that he had lost the blood trail and was goin out to another stand...i then told him i'd try to get in touch with the other hunt club members and let them know so they could help him track "his" buck...well, upon hearing this he got rather offended and had a bit of hostility in his tone showing that he had truly given up on the blood trail (after about 10 minutes) and was ready to head on out to another stand...then when my brother and dad get out to him, not only has he not tagged the last place where he found blood, he can't even remember where he was trackin it in the first place!!!

not sure whether RC has said anything, but throughout the entire hunting season so far we have constantly offered him tips on scent control, where we've scouted and found deer sign and just other general hunting tips that a "one-week-a-year" hunter won't know...not only has he refused our advice, he has deliberately done the exact oposite of what we suggest in many cases...maybe its out of spite, or maybe its just the inability of someone to admit that they are not the expert on a subject...who knows

anyways, i just thought i'd throw this extra info out there...thought you all might enjoy it...also, next time you get a big buck, dont score its rack...score its hornings

Old 12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: same hunt club

wahoo..thanx for the rest of the story...that cat aint spit...cut him loose and tell him why.....ill bet sum of the club members have mixed feelings ...how bouta meeting and vote his butt out..you know, democratic like
Old 12-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

It is because of people like encore that i wont hunt in crouds anymore. sombodys buddy that you have to put up with. usally a bragart that only brings his ego. [:@]
Old 12-03-2007, 08:57 PM

I had sort of an experience like this once before...(Very True Story) My first year hunting I went out hunting with my Brother-in-law and his father andanother friend... We went Rabbit hunting and we were walking off this patch of woods in the middle of two fields.. Now these woods had loads of briers everywhere so it was kind of hard to get through.. My Brother-In-Law and his father stayed on the wood lines while my friend and I went through the wooded mess.. Naturally the two on the wood line could walk better than us, We got out of out straight line by 2 or 3 yards from the guys on the wood line..
We were told by my Brother-In_Laws father that if we didn't stay in a complete line he was gonna shoot us and through us down over the bank...
My response was, "You better make the first shot count because that's all you are going to get" After that I have yet hunted with his father again and that was 20 years ago and never regretted it..
I would get a voters box for problems like this and take a vote to either keep him in the club or get rid of him... I am saying a voters box because that is the only fair way to vote... I say this because you might have someone that still wants him there but says he doesn't just to fit in... Use a voters box so no one knows who voted in what way...
[/align]
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

matters, i wish you were right, i was talking about this with my brother earlier today. the sad thing is he has already said he is comin back once late muzzleloading comes in. (He has never shot nor cleaned nor held a muzzleloader in his life) As i said before he chooses not to accept our management practices, but his eyes lit up when we said we were going to take some does this year (proving the point that he just wants to shoot something). Anyway his purpose for taking a doe is not for QDM, but to get a head for my dad's buck, for a mount. Hard to believe that a buck with its jaw obliterated wouldnt be able to make a mount! I just hope he knows that my dad's bucks nice rack will look a little awkward on a the head of a long neck, floppy eared doe! Gonna be hard to explain to his buddies why that is the case. "Because i shot my deer in its mouth." Think he'll say that not hardly. And to anyone who wonders why we call him Encore: Pro Hunter, it is pure sarcas,, just a little code word my dad brother and I use.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 PM

This guy is unbelievable. Can't you vote him out of your club?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Thats one performance i wouldnt let him repeat in my presence.

Quick Reply: Am I wrong here..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.