Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Young Hunters Rule

Old 11-30-2007, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Young Hunters Rule

young hunters do rule
Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Young Hunters Rule - check out this guy

I'm not offended we are just leary of first time posters who want you to buy something or bid on something etc; because of past events.

Stick around it is a great site.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Young Hunters Rule - check out this guy

I don't think most were offended, just dissappointed in this young mans actions to try and sell something of very little value for personal gain. And the way you went about the whole thing was wrong. After a few of us questioned it, you tried to guilt trip on us. Telling us how good a kid he is, with the food drives, money for cance, ect. And not some freak selling a cracker jack box or something. Then you said "hunters are suppose to be a tight bunch", well we are. Then you said "never really expected to get bids here" then why the post. Hunters are the most gracious and charitable people around. Every year they pay for processing and donate deer meat to needy families. And this young man sounds like he has a very big heart for the things he does, but I think later in life he will not look back on selling this target for money for a gun and be proud of it. And I for one as a parent would never allow my child to do something like this. This young man one day will be rewarded for his good deeds. Let me say that I don't think he or his parents are bad people in any way, just making a bad decision here.
ORIGINAL: huntjunkie

I guess I went about that the wrong way. I didn't realize people would be so offended. I was afraid Hunterwould be disappointed if he didn't get any hits, so I posted his page here hoping some hunters would at least look at it. He was so excited when he called last night and told me he had over 200 visits. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I posted his ebay on a forum, let alone all the hub bub it's caused. I showedhis Mom and Dad and they are upset with me for interferring and hope that Hunter never sees the stuff that is being said on here. Ithought I was helping, and never really expected he'd get bids from anyone here.I apologize and hope that my actions don't distract from Hunter's goal. This looks like a great forum that the whole family would find useful, but I think I've worn out my welcome.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 PM

Default RE: Young Hunters Rule

Young hunters rule