Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Guy

Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Default RE: New Guy

Welcome to hunting, its a great hobby!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

Lots of good info. I will apply what I learn and fix what I don't. Haven't had much luck in the woods behind me. I have a large open field with woods either side. My buddy said he has heard there are a couple good sized buck back there. No one else hunts it but just me as far as I know. Like I said in an earlier post I am using it as a late start homework. Looking for trails, rub-lines etc....getting my gear down before I head out to the areas my buddy showed me. Didn't see anything this morning but will try again in a few days. Actually I don't own any guns. My hobby up until now have been harleys....1989 Softail Custom (only thing original is the frame) and a 1961 Servi-Car. That is where my money and time went but that is for another forum. I am looking at a Remington 700, 7mm BDL or a REM 770 7mm...My first but not last gun..Or a 30-06 Any input?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's simple. You have military training. The deer are your enemy. You are a sniper. The biggest buck in the woods is the enemy's general. You have to take him out. To save your country.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome and right here is a great place to start.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:00 AM

Hunt smarter,not harder