Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First season in a while

Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 PM

Default First season in a while

I have been lurking on here and posting a little.

I used to deer hunt when I was in highschool and younger. Since I moved away for college and then law school I never really had any opportunity to hunt, I've probably been less that 5 times in 7 years.

Anyway, I took all next week off and I am going to stay at my grandparents' house, hunting saturday, and maybe monday and tuesday depending on if/when I get one. I have been thinking a lot about what I would shoot on the first day. Definitely a five point or bigger. I guess it would be hard to pass on anything with visible antlers.

Even though I have 5 tags, I don't think I will be shooting more than one deer. If I don't see anything saturday or monday morning, I would probably shoot a doe on monday night or tuesday. If I see some action, I will be more tempted to wait it out for a bigger one. The reason I don't think I'll be shooting more than one is that since I'm at my grandparents' house, and my grandma isn't exactly gung-ho, I think it would give the wrong impression if I showed up and shot everything in sight.

Anyway, wish me luck. I'm leaving tomorrow. If I get something I'll post it here.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Default RE: First season in a while

Good luck and post a report when you get back.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First season in a while

virginia3006.. i think that i saw you are hunting in Alleghany County.. if im not mistaken? if so, where are your whereabouts, I hunt in Bath County which is right next door, but just graduated from Alleghany High School last year and know quite a few people around that area.