Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

LUCKY BUCK Mineral

Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default LUCKY BUCK Mineral

I was introduced to this mineral about2 years ago, and like most of you, I was hesitant and believed that it didn’t do any better than just putting salt out.....HOWEVER.....I can say two great things about it since I have started using it....which has been a little over a year

One.....the antler sizes of the bucks that I have seen is much bigger and thicker and the doe's are producing very healthy fawns.....I am looking forward to 7 days from now (November 15) which is the opener here in Michigan for gun season....

Two....it is a great attractant all around, I have two rape patches, the lucky buck and then use oats.....I have taken probably 4 mature bucks from this area and I look forward to more to come.....

Anyways....I RECOMMEND IT and was wondering what your thoughts were? If you are just going to say its just salt, then don’t bother posting, but if you are really going to elaborate on the effectiveness or lack of...I would love to read about it.....

Old 11-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LUCKY BUCK Mineral

Sounds like you have got a good thing going on. We used Lucky Buck on our property for about 2 years, and didnt have the kinf od success we were looking for, so we switched to The Whitetail Institute's 30.06, and it has worked wonders for our deer. Doing for our deer what Lucky Buck has done for yours, bigger racks, healtheir fawns. So I wonder what the difference could be?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Rockinchair....

maybe just location...where are you located? Our camp is in the Western Portion of Michigan's Upper Peninsula....

Otherwise....not sure....but glad you found something that will work....
Old 11-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well we are in western Vrginia, so i'm guessin that there inlies the problem. Still, i wonder how geography would influence the difference.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

it would have to do with the geology more so than the geography...my geology is a thick organic layer, followed by a small rich topsoil, then below that is a silty clay....

I do soilsstudies for my career and over my career I have noticed that just a slight change in soil type can yield many different results relating to almost any type of additive (fertilizer, minerals, etc)