Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Beginners Luck

Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 PM

Default RE: Beginners Luck

This is my 3rd year at it. Got a small buck on my second day the first year. last year I got a nice doe opening morning and decent buck the next morning.

Scouting is looking pretty good for this year so we will see if the streak keeps going!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hunting for over 30 years. Got my first doe on my second day the first year. Got my first buck the next year on the first day. I am still fascinated by every deer I see. (Not to mention, turkeys, fox, coyotes, etc.) Squirrels I could live without.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:46 PM

It was probably my 6th or 7th hunt before I ever bagged a deer. I saw deer the very first time I ever went, but didn't have a shot. My first deer was a nice size doe.

In my county (Hall) in the great state of Georgia every single day is an either sexday this year during gun season so I'm hoping to bag about 5 does to load up my freezer. Right now I've only shot one and haven't seen a single buck, but I'm hoping that will change Saturday morning.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

YOu guys are luck. I gat a shot at a buck my second year of hunting but missed. i didn't kill a deer till my sixth year of hunting and I didn't get a buck till ny eighth.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM

I killed small bucks my first two seasons hunting with my father, it was 10 years before I killed another.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:25 PM

ahh..i guess im gonna have to sling my story in here.. ever sinch i was in the 3rd grade i always wanted to go deer huntin but nobody else in my family hunted. me friends dad is a really good deer hunter and kills a 130class+ deer just about every year. well i was about 14 and he asked if i was gonna hunt that season and of couse i said "prob not but i want to" well i bought a peason bow, arrows, sights, everything i needed for $100. it was a deal. i spent some time at his house shootin it and he helped me get my shootin right. then opening day of bow season i was sitting in the edge of a field where i had been seeing these 2 8pts and a 10pts. i was facing the woods thinking they would come out of there.. haha i was wrong. they came across the field and came up behind me and stoped and just started eating 15yds from my tree. so i start shaking like crazy and trrn around, arrow hits a limb, falls off the rest. and all 3 bucks run off across the field.

opening day of gun i borrowed my grandpas 308. he said it was sighted in and would hit a penny at 100yds so i said "ok, if you say so".. that week the 10pt i iseen during bow comes walking between the 2 fields. i shoot one time..the deer just keeps walkin and never runs. i shoot 4 times all together and the deer never falls. i stayed out of school the next day looking for the deer all day in the rain. found out the fun was shootin 3ft to the left and 3ft high. another time i was useing a shotgun and one of the 8pts walked by and shoot twice..the deer never droped. guess i was shakeing so much i forgot to aim.

that by far was the season that got me into hunting like i am today. it took me 3 years of hard hunting to get my first buck. it wa a small 12in 6pt chasing a doe. i was so excited that i had finally got one. and now today after all i have had to learn on my own i see bucks all the time and have already taken 2 8pts this year. i think the first year it really got me hooked. theres no way i would have went 3 years w/o seeing nice bucks and still be hunting.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM

the first time i went hunting i didnt see anything at all, but it atleast take 1 year to shoot at a deer and maybe another 1 more year to actually bring one down... well thats how mines played out
Old 11-08-2007, 04:32 PM

i just started hunting last year at 24 , i got the deer in the picture with me in my avatar. big big body buck , well to me at least. 185Lb 6 point. took about 3 hunts on my uncles farm to get it !
Old 11-08-2007, 04:37 PM

http://img2.putfile.com/main/11/31118342085.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/11/31118342044.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/11/31118342083.jpg
Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

I didnt kill my first deer until a while but when i did It was a biggin

Quick Reply: Beginners Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.