Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tobacco

Old 10-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tobacco

TimberWolf peach
Old 10-22-2007, 08:01 PM

was into bandits for a loong time, just cause it was the easiest way for me to dip with out it gettin in my teeth (didnt wanna get caught), i aint into the buzz either, makes me sick, so it was a pouch without a big pinch..got into grizzley for awhile then got caught, aint done nothin since..thought about tryin the new redman wintergreen..whats yall opinion on that?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

None, i dont see a point in giving myself cancer.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 PM

None for me, my mom smokes and my brother chews, both absolutely nasty. But if you wanna kill yourself, go ahead, its america.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

If you're looking for "the buzz" you get from most tins, it won't happen with the leaf cuts, not unless you throw half a mouthfull in...and even then it takes a bit. The flavorwas great, and your mouth will stay wet (lotsa spittin'), but you gotta stick with a Cope, Grizzly, Skoal, type fine or long cut to get the nic in your system. If you're trying to quit, a little pinch of plug or leaf cut will give you much less tobacco to slowly wean yourself off of it.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 AM

I quit my 5-6 tin a week habit of Red Seal/coppenhagen almost 4 months ago. I continue to chew 4-5 pieces of nicotine gum per day, but no snuff! It really has been a good thing to quit.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:14 AM

Grizzly Straight is great. Long lasting and cheap. Skoal Straight when it's two cans for $5.29. I've always battled with whether or not to spit in a bottle or not. I do it just for safe measure, have y'all noticed deer spooking because of dip?