Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tobacco

Old 10-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tobacco

Longhorn Mint. Skoal got too expensive, and for a buck and a half, Longhorn is a better mint than all the others!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 AM

I do a pinch of Skoal berries every once in a while. I dont do it often.

However I usually get a nicotene rush from it. I dont smoke or do any other tobacco products so its an interesting side effect for as little as I do it.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: barrabas74

I do a pinch of Skoal berries every once in a while. I dont do it often.

However I usually get a nicotene rush from it. I dont smoke or do any other tobacco products so its an interesting side effect for as little as I do it.
I had to quit as I was doing close to 2 tins a day and smoking as well, but I found longhorn mint to be almost as good as skoal at 1/3 the price.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I used to smoke on stand, then went to dipping Skoal vanilla to quit doing that, don't do either one now.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

COPENHAGEN......ONLY THE BEST
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Wow 2 tins a day? I can barely see doing a pinch or so a day. But I guess the stuff gets addicting.

Does anyone do the redman longcut or anything like that? I have wanted to try it but wondered about the taste. And since I dont do it often I didnt want to try it and throw it away.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

the redman long cut is regular old dip in a can. i love the flavor of pouch(redman, levi, beech nut etc) but hate the leaves and stuff. thought they would had a winner if they just ground up the leaves of pouch and put it in a can...but its regular ole chew.

myself, i chew skoal straight...all the time. probably going to quit when i cant get it for 2.75 a can. i buy it by the roll for 27.50...

nasty habit i wish i never started...just never got round to quittin lol...
Old 10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Kodiak....until I started having issues with my gums (glass fibers). Jumped to Red Man Gold for 2 years. Wife then got thyroid cancer(at 28), kids knew I chewed and rode my a$$. Stopped cold turkey that day. Not the easiest thing I ever did.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM

How does chewing the looseleaf like "redman gold" compare to the long cut stuff. I have never tried to chew it. Also as far as tast goes how does it fare?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM

grizzly winter green here! and it just keeps going up, man it was like $1.60 a can and now its 2.11, they get you likeing something and slowly start to raise it on us. Man i have dipped for so long i really need to quit, but my i love it, and its my drug of choice. Told my doctor one day that i needed to slow down or quit and he said he could give me something, but then again he dips also, and he's not real pushy on quiting either.

Quick Reply: Tobacco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.