Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Stan Potts and North American Whitetail >

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Old 11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by USAF_hunter
Not true Billy, he may sit in the same weather but he doesn't scout, hang his own stands, or pay for his trips. He simply shows up with cameraman and kills deer. And there are no minor leagues when it comes to "tv hunting" it's all about who you know or what product your pushing.
Now how could you possibly know that? There is nothing wrong with getting over excited after taking a good buck. I am 19 years old and just took my 4th Pope & Young this past weekend, and I showed a lot of emotion after I saw it tip over. A guy said in a previous post that he showed the same emotions after looking at the 190 inch sheds. That is just his personality. Also another poster said you don't have your own TV show if you never produced. I agree 100%. I am willing to bet that he started up just like us. And he probably forgot more about hunting than we have ever known. He is more of a hunter than Ted Nugent will ever be.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

I'd rather watch Greg Miller take a buck any day over Stan Potts. I respect Potts' enthusiasm but I prefer Greg Miller's modesty.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sjsfire
Stick Stan Potts in the woods with the rest of us and we'll find out what kind of hunter he is.........
stan potts killed 2 or 3 200" deer before becoming famous....thats kinda what made himfamous in the first place. So im guessing he is a decent hunter...lol
Old 11-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

wasn't Stan a caretaker for some outfitter or landowner before making it big?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Spike

IMO... Once we understand that this is entertainment we then need to look at what/who is good for hunting. with all the milllion shows out there that I feel dont do a very good job of promoting hunting and hunting ethics, I feel Stan Potts is a very good voice for hunters. If I was just starting out hunting and watched some of his videos whether it is genuine or just a show it would get me very excited.
If we had more shows that showed this much passion I think the number of hunters nationally wouldnt be declining as much. With the cost of everything involved in hunting now, you have to enjoy it alot not just something to do occasionally.

Nothing better than deer videos at deer camp.