Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Stan Potts and North American Whitetail >

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Old 10-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Default RE: Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Stick Stan Potts in the woods with the rest of us and we'll find out what kind of hunter he is.........
You sure you'd wanna do that? Guy's, people like him don't get where they are by not being able to produce. Know anybody who just "walked on" to an NFL team? Hunting w/outfitters on occasion is just a perk of making it to the top. Kinda like Tiger Woods never having to buy anything from NIKE. They give him their stuff. Or, Dale jr. ever having to buy a Chevy. Those things just come w/ success. "Success" can't be faked or "given".

He may get a little "over emotional" at times, but hey I DO TOO! Ya'll would swear I was looney if you would've seen me in that field last year when I put my hands on my 1st 8 pointer. I still ain't got over it! I believe it shows his genuine love for hunting. To still get excited even after seeing/taking the MEGA bucks he has, is a major feat IMHO. Afterall, he still sits out in the same weather/conditions that we do. (And some worse) Mostly all day nearly everytime he hunts. How many of us do that? And I'm sure he aint "worried about the bills" so he has to.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:12 AM

Not true Billy, he may sit in the same weather but he doesn't scout, hang his own stands, or pay for his trips. He simply shows up with cameraman and kills deer. And there are no minor leagues when it comes to "tv hunting" it's all about who you know or what product your pushing.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BillyMack

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Stick Stan Potts in the woods with the rest of us and we'll find out what kind of hunter he is.........

He may get a little "over emotional" at times, but hey I DO TOO! Ya'll would swear I was looney if you would've seen me in that field last year when I put my hands on my 1st 8 pointer. I still ain't got over it! I believe it shows his genuine love for hunting. To still get excited even after seeing/taking the MEGA bucks he has, is a major feat IMHO.
Billy I can understand YOU getting real excited over your first nice buck but ole Stan wets his pants on ALL his bucks on TV .....and if you beleive all that excitement he shows is genuine then thats your opinion but thats how he makes it on TV ...being a "salesman" and you bought in ...JMHO

dd
Old 10-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

I absolutely cannot stand to listen to Mr. Potts. I like seeing the bucks on North American Whitetail and I like the big buck segments, but Mr. Potts drives me up a freaking tree. I hit the "Mute" button as soon as I see his face. Maybe that's the way he really is and maybe it's not.......he comes off as being a total phoney to me.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: USAF_hunter

Not true Billy, he may sit in the same weather but he doesn't scout, hang his own stands, or pay for his trips. He simply shows up with cameraman and kills deer. And there are no minor leagues when it comes to "tv hunting" it's all about who you know or what product your pushing.
Exactly.......
Old 10-07-2007, 10:05 AM

You must've missed this weeks show. Him and Greg went out to Montana "several days early to scout/glass" before the season opener. They both hung their stands too. Actually, Stan's 1st day he got busted/winded. What did he do? Moved his stand only 60 yds. They actually had footage of a buck looking at the tree it had busted him in the day before. I got busted last weekend. Have I moved my stand? Nope. Just staying out of it to let it cool down. If he was at an outfitter, would they 2 stands only 60 yds apart? I think not. He used his experience and knowledge to make that call-and it paid off.

And for the record, I've never bought any product they/he endorse b/c they use it. I've used pretty much the same stuff since day 1.

IMO, people love/hate him because he stands out from the crowd. Kinda like Michael Waddell. I like them both. But, I'm sure there are those that think he's too "redneck". And how many of ya'll have bought that beef jerky b/c you've seen him "eating it". Ok, onto other things........
Old 10-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BillyMack

You must've missed this weeks show. Him and Greg went out to Montana "several days early to scout/glass" before the season opener. They both hung their stands too. Actually, Stan's 1st day he got busted/winded. What did he do? Moved his stand only 60 yds. They actually had footage of a buck looking at the tree it had busted him in the day before. I got busted last weekend. Have I moved my stand? Nope. Just staying out of it to let it cool down. If he was at an outfitter, would they 2 stands only 60 yds apart? I think not. He used his experience and knowledge to make that call-and it paid off.

And for the record, I've never bought any product they/he endorse b/c they use it. I've used pretty much the same stuff since day 1.

IMO, people love/hate him because he stands out from the crowd. Kinda like Michael Waddell. I like them both. But, I'm sure there are those that think he's too "redneck". And how many of ya'll have bought that beef jerky b/c you've seen him "eating it". Ok, onto other things........
Well Mike Waddell at least comes accross as being the real deal ...to me he does anyway ...Stann Potts just does not come accross like that to me ...hes more like a car salesman.

dd
Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM

Billy don't get me wrong I don't dislike anyone. I am just saying I don't regard them as the best deer hunters around.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

He's "unique" alright.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

You sure you'd wanna do that? Guy's, people like him don't get where they are by not being able to produce.
[ol][*]Babe Winkleman[*]Jimmy Huston (fisherman)[*]Hank Parker(fisherman)[*]Ted Nugent[*]Keith Warren and his brother[*]Foxworthy[/ol]
All just a bunch of people with some name recognotion that get set up in key locations and a camera man.

Quick Reply: Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.