Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Bucks of Tecomate

Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Bucks of Tecomate

I once would like to see those guys come to were I hunt and have about 30 acres of woods with a small creek and about a 180 corn field in the mix. The woods is not big enough to hold deer but they pass through a lot and use the creek a lot for drinking. Anybody can kill a deer on those ranches but I would like to see how they fair in the real world.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:10 AM

"I am dumb and stupid"
Old 10-03-2007, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: NOTHINGBUTBUCK

I though that was hillarious too when Morris said that's why Illinois bucks don't get that big. I think he may be jealous of our 160 acre food plots of corn and soy beans.
I guess Mr Morris like many others do not realize that all southern and southeast states have the midwestern states to thank for even having any whitetail. If it was not for states such as Illinois, Minnesota, etc... shipping hundreds of whitetails south, there would be no whitetail south of the Mason Dixon line. He could have just said thank you.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buffhntr

cant beat the Drury Brothers or lee and tiffany those are my favorites. I also like archers choice. I dont like to watch hunting on a ranch its just not reall life hunting
Lee and Tiff grow their own bucks too.....not sure about the Drury Brothers, but my guess is that they have exclusive hunting rights to some very prime property. Have you ever noticed that those folks never have to deal with other hunters walking by their stands, farmers out picking up bales, etc.?

Like I said earlier, as far as TV shows go give me Jim Shockey and the told old codgers he has on there every now and then. Also, if you want to see some real woodsmen/deer hunterswatch the videos that the Benoits have out.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM

i called direct tv about ordering that new huntin channel,,the sportsmans channel,i read about in petersons hunting mag,they arent gona get it,,but she said the mor channel is on the line up to come back..she couldnt tell for sure what day but that it is coming back,,as of last night when i talked to them.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess Mr Morris like many others do not realize that all southern and southeast states have the midwestern states to thank for even having any whitetail. If it was not for states such as Illinois, Minnesota, etc... shipping hundreds of whitetails south, there would be no whitetail south of the Mason Dixon line. He could have just said thank you.
[/quote]

What?Since when did they ship deer down south? If your talking about to some Texas ranches, then okay. I promise you there are no midwest deer genes going around in La. BTW, there are more deer south of the Mason Dixon line than up there, just not as impressive. Explain how if it weren't for the midwest there would be no deer in the south. That makes absolutely no sense. Am I misunderstanding your response? As for the show, I will watch it if there is nothing else on. Taking the bucks they do after basically hand raising them, is no challenge. This is not a real life average Joe situation, but if you've got the money, might as well use it to your advantage.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

Better check your info again there slick. South Carolina reestablished it's deer population with those from this very state, just a different part. And last time I checked, we have the longest deer season in the country, the highest whitetail population density per acre, the most liberal limits, and the highest hunter success ratios. We do just fine without ya'll, thank you very little.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:17 PM

The only show I can stomach anymore is Jim Shockey's show and North American Whitetail. Shockey's a real hunter and I know where Stan Potts' hunting roots came from. Just wish he go back to them and hunt with less outfitters. I'm more impressed with 130-140" deer harvested on nonoutfitted ground than 200" on strictly managed ground with no hunting pressure. This would make it more "real".
Old 10-05-2007, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: mcraddock

Better check your info again there slick. South Carolina reestablished it's deer population with those from this very state, just a different part. And last time I checked, we have the longest deer season in the country, the highest whitetail population density per acre, the most liberal limits, and the highest hunter success ratios. We do just fine without ya'll, thank you very little.
Negative buddyroe, what I wrote very much the truth. You could have just said thanks.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mcraddock

Negative buddyroe, what I wrote very much the truth. You could have just said thanks.
Once again, check your facts !! SoNO THANKS !! Try Googling something before you assume next time !!

Here is the link to the entire article, But I'll just copy the important part for you since it seems to be too hard to search and read !
http://www.dnr.state.sc.us/magazine/pubs/novdec2006/whitetail.html

During the late 1800s, market hunting, which had begun years earlier as the cities along our coast began to grow and many of their inhabitants did not have time to hunt for themselves, was at its peak in South Carolina, and deer numbers had reached an extremely low point.
Relatively unrestricted deer hunting continued in the state some years after the turn of the century. In many areas hunting with dogs was common all year long, and all deer were killed, regardless of age or sex. The few deer that were left were all confined to the most remote and inaccessible habitat types—hardwood bottomland swamps and mountainous terrain. Fortunately, South Carolina is blessed with perhaps the greatest swamps of any state, and later they were to provide the deer that repopulated the entire state.

Today we have an open season in every single county, and the longest season and most liberal bag limit in the United States. It hasn’t been easy, but we were blessed with some great swamps that saved a remnant population, a change in land use and some dedicated individuals who were willing to give their lives to see deer thriving in South Carolina once again.

Now was that so hard?

Quick Reply: The Bucks of Tecomate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.