Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

True Talker, Who uses it????

Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: True Talker, Who uses it????

I tried one years ago, but here in FL we have to many Palmettos and on a windy day it drove me crazy, so I tossed it in my hunting junk and have never used it again!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:07 PM
khh
Spike

I've had 2 ( lost the first one)they were both the same I don't use it much anymore.If you blow it soft it sounds good . I have to hold the reed down and do a young buck call or I'll over blow it . If you over blow it the reed sticks and flutters and sound like a deranged duck . Also it's not loud enough for me . Right now I have a Away call ( inhale) ,Primos roar or what ever it's called , A mad call that sounds like a trumpit, and 3 HS Quad grunter plus(plastic).The HS call is pretty good you can blow it soft or loud and really can't over blow it. I've called most of my deer with a Rod Benson call (Plastic) . Thats a great call , harder you blow the louder it gets . I've called in a more deer , bucks and does , with that call than any other . I don't have one now cause I lost it and the HS call sounds pretty close to me . Although I haven't called in many deer with it. How I use the calls depends on where I'm hunting and the time of year . If its in the chase phase or heat of the rut I do tending grunts and flip a can a few times. I use them when I rattle. If I see a deer I want and it's moving away I'll call to it I usually try the Can call first. Some times there quite away off and I need some volume thats why the over blowing is so important to me. I will call blind at times to just to see if anything happens. If I have time I'll blow it to stop a deer for a shot when I'm rifle hunting. I flip a can call alot in Nov. I've called in exactly 0 deer with the Can but I know it works. As far as results I've had deer, both bucks and does run in and I've had them ignor me depends on what mood there in. I've probaby called in more " bucks " Rattling. Alot of my friends have tried the Rod Benson call ,the Plastic one not the wood one , and not the one with the 3 buttons on it . Anyway they've all have had there best success with that call. If I could only have one grunt call that would be the one. I know you were asking about the Tru Talker sorry if I rambled a bit. good hunting KH
Old 08-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

I use it and It works well. I hate to admit this but I think the Buck Growl makes the best sounding grunt. I use it strictly as a grunt tube and have had success.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

I like the true talker and have had success with it but Im trying the primos buck roar this year and hopefully it works as good. It sounds pretty goodso we will see.